Snap

*Can't fight no more

       You knocked me out,

       What am I supposed to do?*

     I felt like a fucking stalker while waiting in front of Kate's house, but I had to know. I had this feeling that something big was happening tonight and that I was part of it, so I just had to know. I needed to know who she was seing.

     Nick's car appeared around the corner and I turned the music off. He pulled the car up in front of the garage and climbed out. The front door bursted open and a little boy ran to him. Kate was standing in the doorway, watching the two of them, obviously happy. I felt a stab into my chest and struggled to breathe. I started thinking that I rathered she had an affair.

     My hands grabbed the steering wheel and squeezed it tightly to keep me from going there, but I knew that was just a temporary solution. Sooner or later I would've exploded no matter what.

    The sucker got to Kate, while carying the little boy and kissed her. My blood was boiling with anger and I felt my heart pounding. Oh, that was too much! I climbed out of my car and before I knew it, I was knocking at Kate's door. She opened it and her eyes widened.

    "What are you doing here?" I didn't answer to her. I just pushed her out of my way -as gently as I could at that moment- and passed by her. Nick was watching me, his look provoking me. I just lounged at him and plounged my fist into his face. He stepped back a little and took his hand to his face, cursing. Kate moved next to the boy and I finally recognized him. "Spiderman" was her son... The little guy from the office... 

    "Mommy?" He asked, looking up at Kate. She gave him an amazed look, as if she had forgotten he was there. 

    "Go upstairs and don't come back until I'm telling you to. Ok?" He nodded his little head at her and then gave me a sad look. Those blue eyes... They seemed so familiar. "Go, cricket! Listen to mommy!"

    The kid started going up the stairs and Nick threw himself at me, pushing me to the ground and pinning me there, while trying to punch me. But just like a stupid woman trying to chew gum and walk at the same time, he was failing. I put my weight on my left side and switched places with the idiot. I sent my fist into his face again and blood came rushing out his nose. He intercepted my next punch, but that didn't stop me from trying again. His hands struggled to push me off of him but my rage was bigger than his whole strenght.

    The fucker had a son with the woman I loved! He should've been grateful if he got out of this alive.

    I kept wondering if we still had a chance, now that I knew everything and that she just watched me almost killing her husband -because I certainly wasn't planning to really kill him. I might have been a jealous ass but I wasn't a murderer. Or so I hoped... I was just trying to teach him a lesson by beating the shit out of him.  

   Kate put a cold hand on my shoulder and I stopped my assault on Nick. I turned my head back and looked at her. She was pale and shaking, two big tears rolling down her cheeks. My arms went limp and I stood up.

   "Please, stop!" She said trying to catch her breath. "I'm scared, so please stop!" She was scared of me... What the fuck have I done?

   "Kate..." I tried to take her hand, but she wouldn't let me.

    "Please! You've done enough." Her broken voice was the worst sound I could've ever imagined.

    I looked at her for a couple more seconds and then turned to see my opponent still lying on the floor, his face red and swollen. Shit! She had all the reasons to fear me. Nick looked like he has been attacked by a pack of wolves. I frowned and ran my hands through my hair.

    Without another word I went to the door, deciding to literally walk out of Kate's life. I was only a source of every kind of pain for her anyway.

   I started the car and the music automatically started as well. Justin Timberlake took it from where he left off and I tried to stop thinking that I had lost her again -this time for good.

   *I don't understand it

     Tell me how could you be so low?*

  I didn't blame her for being so low. I could even find her excuses for that, but there was one thing I couldn't deal with. I knew that if she still wanted me, that if she still took me, I would've been hers -no questions asked. And that... That I couldn't deal with. That made me weak. And yet, I was just as weak without her. It was as if every muscle, every bone in my body called for her.

   She has a son with him, you idiot! She'll never leave him. I told myself and that made me think about punching myself. So what if she had a son with him? I would've been a better father for her son than anyone else -because I loved every part of her and that kid was a part of her. But then there was the possibility of the kid hating me -he had seen me hurting his father after all.

   How can you even think of this? You don't even know if she wants to see you again. Ok... I had to somehow silence that voice inside of me, before it made me want to jump off a bridge.

   *Baby, now I really know what we're fighting for,

     This rematch sex is amazing.*

   That gave me an idea. I knew that sex would be the best distraction from everything -just like it always was. And since I was pretty sure Kate wouldn't accept having sex with me tonight if I'd called her -Ha! Nice joke!- I took my phone out of my pocket and called Gina.

   "Sir?" She said, her voice barely audible over the noise.

   "Where are you?" I asked frowning.

   "I'm at The Mark." So she had taken me up on my clubs advice.

   "How long does it take you to get to the hotel from there?"

   "I don't know. I think I'll be back in an hour or so."

   I pursed my lips. "Ok. Come by when you get to the hotel."

   "It would be my pleasure, sir!" 

   My hotel room was empty, dark and cold. I headed straight for the minibar in the corner and poured myself some bourbon. I needed to drown my thoughts. I needed something to do until Gina got here. I wasn't going to get drunk. I just wanted something to make my conscience shut the fuck up already -because she was a real bitch.