Hell breaks loose

I woke up feeling strangely confortable and found Kate sleeping next to me. A silly smile took over my face and I ended up hugging her. She squirmed a little and her body molded into mine.  

    "Morning! What time is it?" She asked and I glanced at my watch.

    "A little past eight..." Kate froze and stood up.

    "Crap! I'm late!" I leaned my head against the headboard and watched her take a black, belted, puff-sleeved, fitted dress out of the closset. "Aren't you getting ready?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

    "I think I'm taking the day off..." I answered, smirking.

    "Oh, great! Good for you!" Was all she said and then she stepped into the bathroom.

    The woman that came out five minutes later looked more like the strong, confident woman Kate was. The dress looked divine on her and the red lipsick she was wearing made her look hot as hell.

    "I'd better get going. Can you please make sure Luck eats something when he wakes up? I think it's pointless to wake him up now." She bent and kissed me and then left. I tried to go back to sleep, but heard Kate calling me from downstairs and went to check on her. She was standing in the doorway, keeping her hand on the knob, so I went next to her and lucked over her shoulder. Our front yard was full of reporters...

     "What the...?" Kate moved away and headed to the living room. A couple of seconds later, the TV was on and both mine and Kate's name were being mentioned.

      Mr Lucas Carter, one of the world's wealthiest bachelors is not actually a bachelor anymore. Appearently he got secretly married to Liman and Co's executive manager, ex Mrs Rowland. Yes, ladies, unfortunatelly you've heard well. Mr Carter is not on the market anymore. How do we know that? Young Mrs Carter has told us that herself. For more details, stay tuned!

   I glanced at Kate. I didn't know weather to be happy or freaked out. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I was happy. Extatic, in fact.

    "When did you talk to the press?" I asked.

    "Yesterday. Andrew called and said they had pictures of you and Gina and of course, they would've made a story up as well, so I had him getting me in touch with the reporter who claimed to have those pictures and he did. All I had to do was having him sign a contract and giving him a better story. Plus, you wanted us to come clean about our marriage and it was about time for that to happen. I'm just sorry they digged up the past and called me Mrs Rowland." I strolled to her and pulled her into my arms.

    "Thank you!" I took a deep breath., inhaling her scent. "I don't even care about how they called you, because most of all, they called you my wife." She smiled up at me and offered me her lips. I kissed her and she put her arms around my neck, clinging to me. "I think I should warn you though. These people are sharks. They'll hunt you down if they think you're vulnerable. And I've got a felling that hell is just about to break loose. But don't worry! I won't let them get to you." She pulled me to her lips and kissed me again.

    "As long as you're happy, I don't care about anything else."