•escape•

I run. That's all I can do. My bare feet hitting stones and leaves as I sprint to save myself. My breathing is getting faster and heavier. I don't how long I have been running but I want to stop. My legs are bruised and sore from jumping over branches and logs. I look over my shoulder and see nothing but trees. I sigh in relief and I stop running and place my hands on my knees, trying to control my breathing. I smile as I think about how I managed to get away. I look ahead and see a small town. I sigh again,

"Fuck yes" I whisper to myself.

I keep running, hoping to find someone along the way. I run through trees and bushes and I hear traffic. I look through a bush and see a highway, cars. I hear voices. I panic and go back into the bush, still looking at the cars though. The voices get louder and clearer. They are boys voices.

I pop my head up from the bush and see a group of teenagers, about my age. There were three boys and two girls. The girls were walking a little behind the boys, talking about random stuff. I look at the boys walking ahead. They are all different in their own way. The two boys walking ahead were talking and laughing at each other. One of the boys has darker skin and pitch black hair and he was playfully punching the boy to his right. The other boy had curly brown hair which was flatted down by a trucker cap. The boy with the curly hair started laughing hysterically.

"Oh my god, Dustin you stink!" yelled the dark-skinned boy. So the curly haired boy is named Dustin. Okay.

I look behind and there is a boy in the middle and wow, he is tall. He has a slim figure and curly dark brown hair. He has his hands in his pockets looking at the ground. He looks lonely. He stops for a second and looks behind him and lets the girls walk in front of him.

"Will, come on." The tall boy yells. He waits a while until another boy comes running up to him. Oh my god. He. Is. Gorgeous. His hair moves amazingly in the wind as he runs up to the tall boy. He is almost as tall as the tall boy but wow. His slim yet strong build is incredible and my jaw drops.

"Wow," I say out loud. Once I realise what I said I cover my mouth and drop to hid behind the bush. I look through the bush and see the cute boy looking in my direction.

He looks around and starts to walk towards me. The tall boy notices him walking around and follows him. Shit.

"Will, what are you doing?" Will, what a cute name. He looks behind his shoulder.

"I don't know, I just heard something."

"It was probably a bird, come on."

I wanted to pop up from behind the bush and go, 'Surprise, look after me because I have no family and you are hot.'

But I couldn't, I didn't want to draw too much attention to myself, and I didn't want to put the cute boy in danger. I hear him starting to walk away and I try to swiftly move away, out of eyesight. I quickly hunch over and start to walk slowly however the ground was covered in autumn leaves and every move I made, made a noise.

The two boys snap their heads and look at me. They look at my messy short hair and my destroyed hospital gown. My bruised, thin legs and arms. I slowly turn my head to them and smile.

"Um, hi?"

The cute boy walks up to me and I slowly step back. He realised that I am stepping back and he stops and smiles at me.

"Hey, it's okay. You are safe now." He holds out his hand and I hesitantly take it. He helps me walk to the footpath where the group of kids were walking on. The rest of the group stop walking and all gather around me and the cute boy, still holding his hand. The rest of the group surround me, the cute boy to my left, tall boy to my right, the two girls in front of me and the two boys looking over the girl's shoulders. I look at the rest of the group and realise I am still holding onto cute boy's hand. I look at him and I let go of his hand, regretting it after. His hands were soft and cold, but a nice cold. My hands were hot and sore so his cold hands against mine were incredible.

I look at the ground and I feel everyone's eyes on me. I look up and one of the girls looking at me, looking at my clothes and hair. The tall boy was looking at the girl with the curly brown hair and then looking at me. I look between and both of them, confused as hell.

"Did you escape?"

"What?"

I look at the girl with curly hair. She takes a step closer to me and pulls her sleeve up her arm revealing a 011 tattoo. I open my mouth slightly, trying to process what is happening. I slowly turn over my arm and show everyone my tattoo- 003.

~yo, please vote. i hope you enjoyed this first chapter, i want to finish this book cause i have some good ideas. thank you~