Chapter 1

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Saint's POV

I waited in my car as I watched all the churchgoers go in to witness the wedding of Perth to his beautiful bride Amanda.

As soon as the last churchgoer got inside the church, I pulled my hat lower to cover my face and I fixed the face mask that covered my nose and mouth. Then I stepped out of my car and went inside the church.

I got in just as the church organ started playing the bridal march.

I stayed at the farthest spot of the church, not wanting to sit or stand beside anybody in case anyone happened to glance my way and recognized me.

My heart started to beat rapidly and loudly against my chest as I laid eyes on Perth, standing at the altar, looking incredibly handsome in his tuxedo.

I watched his bride Amanda take the first few steps forward as the church organ began to play.

She looked drop dead gorgeous in her lacy white bridal gown.  It was easy to understand why Perth had fallen head over heels in love with her, enough to want to tie the knot with her and snatch her before any other guy decided to pursue her.

I looked in awe at her pretty smiling face as she slowly walked down the aisle, holding a bouquet of the most gorgeous white and purple Thai orchids.

Her maid of honor and bridesmaids followed close behind in their lovely pale lavender gowns.

I saw Perth hold out his hand to Amanda when Amanda reached the altar. Amanda took Perth's hand with a loving smile as they turned to face the officiating priest.

"Dearly beloved, we are all gathered here today to witness the union of ... "

I did not wait for the priest to finish intoning the rest of the usual words at a wedding ceremony.

I quietly made my way out the church. It was easy to quickly step out of the church because I had positioned myself very close to the door.

I turned around to look at Perth one last time. His back was to the congregation as he was facing the priest. His back was my last blurry image of him as my eyes had clouded with unbidden tears. 

"Good bye Perth, I wish you all the very best," I whispered for the last time.

I quickly turned away and made my way back to my car, trying my best to ignore the sharp pain that kept stabbing at my heart.

In my unstable frame of mind, I had not noticed the fast driving vehicle that zoomed past me, sideswiping me and throwing me several feet away.

When I came around, I was in a hospital bed, my teary eyed mom holding my hand as she watched a nurse hang an IV bag on an IV pole, the end of the tube already attached to a line on my wrist vein.

"The liquid form of the pain medication which I have just added to the antibiotic in this IV bag will manage the pain that he might start to feel when he regains consciousness," I heard the nurse explaining to my mom.

I squeezed my mom's hand to indicate that I was awake. I found that my throat was so dry that I could not manage to get a word out of my throat.