Chapter 4

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Perth's mother turned around to see her son on the ground. She quickly ran over to him to help him to his feet.

"What happened to you?" she asked anxiously,

"Mom... mom..." Perth started to say as he stood up from the ground while holding on to his mother's arm, "Mom, I ... I have to go to Bangkok General Hospital. Can you take me there please?"

"Why? What happened?" asked Perth's mother.

Perth couldn't help it anymore. He broke down and cried on his mother's shoulder.

Perth's father came rushing towards them.

"What's going on here?" he asked anxiously.

"Perth has asked me to take him to Bangkok General Hospital," the mom replied.

"Why???" the father asked with much concern.

"He hasn't told me yet," the mom replied.

Perth's sobs became stronger as he clung to his mother.

"Son," said the father gently, tugging at Perth's elbow, "won't you please tell me what's wrong?"

Perth decided that it was time to tell his parents the truth.

"I just received word that Saint got sideswiped by a motorist and is now at the Bangkok General Hospital getting medical attention," Perth said between sobs.

Perth's father looked at his wife thoughtfully, at first unable to make up his mind. Then he squared his shoulders and said, "Let's go, let's take him there,"

"Thank you, Dad, thank you so much," Perth said gratefully, hoping against hope that his parents would eventually be able to accept Saint as his future lifetime partner.

The drive to the hospital was tense and silent.

Perth's sobs had subsided but his tears still kept flowing.

His mother handed him a box of  tissues and he thankfully took it.

"Son," Perth's father finally spoke after a long moment of silence, "let me ask you something," he continued, his eyes focused on the road, "do you really love this person Saint?"

Perth could not reply, He broke down in sobs all over again.

"I guess you do," the father muttered under his breath.

He accelerated the speed of the car in the direction of Bangkok General Hospital.

When they got to the parking lot, the father had to make several rounds before he could find a parking space, almost near the very end of the parking lot.

Perth's father helped him to step out of the car because Perth's legs seemed to have lost their strength.

"Son," said his father, "I will not forbid you to see Saint but I cannot allow him to be your lifetime partner, you understand?"

"What about Amanda?" asked Perth, almost in a whisper.

"We will think about that when her father has found her and when or if Amanda is still willing to marry you," the father replied, his eyebrows furrowed in deep thought.

Perth and his parents all walked towards the hospital entrance and made their way into the lobby.

The receptionist told them the room number of Saint and they took the elevator to the third floor.

When they found the room, Perth's father knocked on the door and when he heard someone from inside say "Come in," he turned the knob and motioned for Perth to walk in first.

"Perth!" Saint's mother cried, rushing up to him to embrace him.

Saint's mother broke the hug and straightened up when she saw Perth's parents walk in.

Perth's father held out his hand to Saint's mother.

"Hi, I'm Mr. Tanapon, Perth's father. And this is my wife."

Saint's mother smiled weakly and shook Mr. and Mrs. Tanapon's hands.

"We are very sorry about the accident," said Perth's father.

"Thank you," said Saint's mom, "and thank you for coming over and bringing Perth with you."

"It's the least we could do," said Perth's father.

"Mom... " said a faint voice from the hospital bed.

Saint's mom rushed to the bed but Perth reached there first.

"Perth?" Saint asked weakly before losing consciousness again.