Chapter 23

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Saint quickly covered himself with his blanket as Perth ran to the door to open it.

It was the housemaid.

"Is the young master alright?" she asked Perth with a very worried look on her face.

"Yes, yes, he's alright," Perth assured her.

"Because I was cleaning in the nearby hallway and heard him screaming," the housemaid explained, "like he was very scared about something."

That gave Perth an idea for a good excuse.

"Yes, he got scared," said Perth with a smile, "we were watching a horror movie from his phone and one of the characters was being chased by an evil ghost."

"Oh, I see," the housemaid laughed, "he has always been scared of ghosts as a kid."

"Did his mom hear him screaming?" Perth asked.

"I don't think so," the housemaid replied, "she's taking a shower right now."

"Oh, I see," Perth said, very much relieved.

"Okay, then, I will leave both of you to continue watching your horror movie," said the housemaid, closing the door, "just don't lock this door in case any one of you has an emergency and we need to get to you quickly."

"I heard your conversation with the housemaid," said Saint giggling like crazy, "you are such a very good bullshitter, Perth."

"Actually, she was the one who gave me the idea of a good excuse for the noise you just made," said Perth, laughing along with Saint.

"I think I better get out of bed now and take my own shower," said Saint.

"Let me help you to the bathroom," said Perth.

Slowly, Perth assisted Saint to walk to the bathroom.

There was already a shower chair inside the bathroom that Saint's mom had purchased the day before Saint's discharge from the hospital.

After Perth helped Saint to sit on the shower chair, he adjusted the water temperature on the lower faucet before turning on the shower knob.

"I think I can manage now," said Saint, blushing a little as Perth tried to help him remove his boxer shorts.

"Are you sure?" Perth asked, smiling naughtily.

"Yes, I'm sure," Saint replied, already wetting his hair and applying some amount of shampoo on it,

"Fine," Perth agreed, "I will wait for you outside the door. Just call out if you need any help."

"I will, thank you," said Saint.

While Perth was waiting for Saint to finish his shower, Perth heard a text notification from his phone.

He took his phone out of his pocket and looked at the screen.

His heart jumped.

It was a text from his ex-fiance Amanda!

"Perth, sweetheart, can you please come and pick me up from the bus station."

"I'm sorry, Amanda, I can't. I'm tied up right now." Perth texted her back. "What's going on with you?"

"I ran away from my boyfriend. He was being too abusive to me."

Oh shit, Perth thought, Amanda was going to come back and then her parents and his parents were going to pressure them to push through with their arranged wedding.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Perth texted back, "but I really cannot help you. Did you try contacting your parents?"

"No, I don't want them to know where I am. I don't want to go back to the house."

Perth really wanted to help Amanda but he did not want to get involved with her and her problems.

If their parents found them together, their wedding plans would be re-arranged and that was the last thing that Perth wanted to happen.

"I'm really sorry, Amanda, please ask someone else to help you."

"I thought you were my friend." Amanda tried to make Perth feel guilty.

"I am your friend, Amanda, but I can't get involved with you. You don't want to get married to me and I don't want to get married to you."

"I hate you, Perth, you're not my friend anymore."

"I'm sorry, Amanda."

"Perth," Saint was calling from inside the bathroom.

Perth quickly put his phone back into his pocket.

"Are you finished with your shower?" Perth peeked from the door.

"Yes, could you please hand me a towel?" asked Saint, "you can find one from the built-in cabinet just outside the door.

Perth looked around and saw the cabinet. He opened it and got the towel on the top of the pile.

He closed the cabinet and went inside the bathroom.

While Saint was still seated on the shower chair, Perth helped him to dry his hair and his back and chest.

Saint took the towel from Perth.

"I can dry the rest of my body myself," Saint said shyly.

Then Perth helped Saint to stand up from the shower and helped him to tie his towel around his waist.

Perth happened to look down on Saint's lower body.

Perth gasped loudly. Saint was having a hard on.