Chapter 6

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

"Are you alright, Perth?" Mrs. Suppapong asked when she noticed Perth clutching at his chest.

"I'm okay, ma'am," said Perth trying not to show the hurt on his face.

"Mom ... " Perth ran quickly to Saint's bedside when he heard his voice.

"Saint, your mom is here, and I am here, too," said Perth as he moved aside to give space to Saint's mom so that she could also stand by Saint's bedside.

"What happened, Perth? Why are you here?" asked Saint.

"Amanda ran away from the altar," said Perth.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Perth," said Saint's mom. She knew all about the wedding since last month when it was still being arranged. Saint had told her all about it.

"I'm not sorry about it," said Perth, "in fact I am happy that it happened. It was just an arranged marriage.  She had a boyfriend and I was never in love with her."

"Whom do you love?" Saint asked.

Perth bent down to whisper in Saint's ear, "Don't ask me or I will kiss you in front of your mom."

"Until what time are you staying?" asked Saint.

"Until you recover and can be discharged from the hospital," Perth replied.

"You can't do that," Saint's mom said with a smile, "your parents will be looking for you."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and then it opened and a hospital orderly came in carrying a tray.

"This is the patient's lunch," he announced, "the doctor has ordered a liquid diet for him."

The orderly placed it on the adjustable bedside table that had wheels and placed it in front of Saint. The tray contained a bowl of chicken soup and a small cup of strawberry flavored gelatin dessert and a clear plastic tumbler of water.

"But the gelatin is not liquid," Perth remarked.

"It is considered liquid because it melts quickly inside the stomach," replied the orderly.

"Oh, I see," Perth said, removing the lid from the bowl and taking the spoon that was on the tray.

"Thank you," said Saint's mom to the orderly who bowed to her before leaving the room.

Perth scooped some soup into the spoon and brought the spoon to Saint's mouth.

"I think I can manage to feed myself," said Saint with a smile.

"No, you still look weak," said Perth, "you might spill the soup on your chest. Just open your mouth, please. Say aaahhh..."

Saint had to comply with Perth's wishes because he really insisted.

"While you're doing that, I will go out and get some lunch for you and me," Saint's mother offered.

"That would be nice, thank you," said Perth.

"What would you like for lunch?" Saint's mom asked.

"I'll be okay with a hamburger and a soda drink," said Perth as he continued to scoop some soup into Saint's mouth.

"I will be back soon," said Saint's mom as she left the room.

As soon as Saint's mom closed the door after her, Perth asked Saint, "Is James your boyfriend?"

Saint started coughing. Some of the soup seemed to have gone down his throat the wrong way.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Perth exclaimed, "I didn't mean to put you on the spot."

Perth grabbed the tumbler of water. "Here, take a sip from this water," he said to Saint.

"How did you even know about James?" Saint asked, looking confused.

"He came to visit earlier while you were still unconscious." said Perth, "he brought you a basket of fruits, but you cannot eat them yet because you are still on a liquid diet."

"He is a neighbor," Saint explained, "he has been my neighbor since we were both still in elementary school."

"Are you very close?" Perth needed to ask.

"You could say that," said Saint, making Perth frown. "we used to hang out after school and when we were in high school we would watch movies together on the weekends."

"Have some of this gelatin dessert," said Perth after Saint had finished the soup.

Perth took the small plastic spoon that was on the tray beside the gelatin cup and scooped some of the gelatin into Saint's mouth.

"Has James ever kissed you?" Perth asked after Saint took the gelatin into his mouth.

Saint started coughing so hard that his face became all red.