Chapter 8

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

James' POV

I felt so happy to hear Saint's voice again. I had been missing him so much since we had barely had any chances to see each other because of his busy schedule as an actor and model. On top of that he was always going around Thailand and other countries for various kinds of promo event.

I was so sorry to hear about his accident that landed him in the hospital, however, it turned into a blessing in disguise for me because now I finally got the chance to see him after such a long, long time.

I quickly got into my car and made my way to Bangkok General Hospital.

Saint's POV

After I ended my phone conversation with James, I looked around and noticed that Perth was no longer in the room.

"Where's Perth?" I asked my mom who got a bit startled at the sharpness in my voice.

"He left while you were talking to James," she explained.

"Why did he not at least say good bye to me before leaving?" I asked, feeling hurt and disappointed.

"I don't know," my mom said, looking a bit concerned for me, "I guess he did not know when your conversation would finish so he decided not to stick around."

"I should call him," I said.

"No, don't do that," my mom advised, "he is most probably still on the road. It's better not to distract him with a phone call. Let him get home safely first."

"I guess," I conceded to my mom.

Suddenly I felt my stomach grumbling.

"Mom, I'm hungry," I complained.

"Let me ask the nurses first if it's okay for you to have some soupy rice porridge," said my mom, leaving the room to walk over to the nurses' station.

After a few minutes, she came back to let me know that the nurses said that it was okay for me, that soupy rice porridge could still fall under the liquid diet category.

"I'm gonna quickly go down to the hospital cafeteria and see if they are offering any porridge in their menu and if not I can always go to the nearest food house to buy some for you," my mom said while taking her purse out of the narrow cabinet in one corner of the room.

"I'll be back in a few minutes," she said, slinging the strap of her purse across her shoulder.

Just at that moment, we heard a knock on the door and James burst in carrying a clear plastic bag with a food container in it.

He bowed to my mom who smiled at him and hugged him.

James took out the food container from the plastic bag, handed it to mom and said, "I stopped by for some rice porridge with very soft small bits of chicken and chopped ginger. It's still hot. I hope Saint is allowed to eat it."

"I was just about to go out to buy him some rice porridge myself!" my mom happily exclaimed.

"So does that mean that Saint is allowed to have some rice porridge?" James asked.

"Yes, yes, the nurses said he could," my mom said, "I cleared it first with the nurses."

"I'm not hungry," I declared, to the great astonishment of James and my mom.

"But you just said earlier that you felt hungry!" my mom exclaimed, looking all confused.

James approached me with the food container whose lid he had already removed. He started scooping some of the porridge with a plastic soup spoon.

"Saint," he said with a pleading expression on his face, "please, please have some nourishment. You need to get stronger so that you can be back on your feet again and then we can have fun times together again."

I was supposed to feel happy and hopeful at James' words, but instead I was feeling empty and lonely.