Chapter 26

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

THREE MONTHS LATER

Perth's POV

I'm nervously standing here at the altar, in my dark gray tuxedo with a light pink shirt underneath to complement the dark color.

I'm waiting for the organist to start the music which would signal the arrival of Saint, my one and only love of my life.

My dad must have sensed my nervousness because I felt him tap my back and smiled and nodded at me to assure me that everything was going to be alright.

My heart jumped when the organist started to play the wedding march.

I looked at the entrance of the small private chapel which we had rented for this special occasion. Only my family and Saint's family and our very close friends were present for this very private ceremony.

My heart was beating hard and fast as I watched Saint slowly walk down the aisle, accompanied by his favorite uncle, who was his mom's youngest brother.

He smiled and waved at some of our close friends who were on the side of the aisle where he was walking.

I saw him wave at P'Plan and P'Gun and P'Mark. On the other side of the aisle, Saint could not see P'Title and P'Earth and P'Mean because they were being covered from his sight by his uncle who was walking beside him.

When Saint reached me, I held out my hand to him and he took it, smiling lovingly at me.

As we both turned to face the officiating judge, a loud shrilly voice called out from the door of the chapel.

"Perth! Stop! Please! Stop! Don't do it!!!"

What was Amanda doing here? How did she know about this very private hush-hush ceremony?

Saint held my hand very tight as she came nearer, her face all streaked with tears.

She knelt in front of me and grabbed my leg.

"Perth, I'm so sorry! Please forgive me! Let's start over! I promise I will be really good and faithful to you this time!" she was sobbing loudly while holding on tight to my leg.

I crouched to her level so that we could be face to face.

"Amanda," I said, "you are forgetting that it was our parents who had arranged for us to get married. There was nothing going on between us. You did not love me and I did not love you."

"I promise to love you as best as I can," she begged in a persuasive tone, "this man beside you will never be able to love you and care for you the way that I can."

Suddenly, Saint who had been quiet all this time spoke up, "Amanda, I was not going to say anything but because you challenged my capacity to love and care for Perth, let me tell you, I have always been faithful to Perth from the time that we were officially together until now. I will love and care for him and nobody else. Have you done the same for him?"

"I think you are holding up the ceremony," Saint's uncle approached Amanda, "you will have to leave or I will have to call the security officers to carry you out of this chapel."

"You have not heard the last of me," Amanda looked threateningly at Saint, "I will come and take Perth away from you when you least expect it."

"Don't listen to her," I whispered to Saint.

"She doesn't scare me," Saint whispered back.

We both watched as Saint's uncle escorted her out of the chapel.

The officiating judge started to intone the wedding verses and then waited for Saint and me to declare our undying love and devotion for each other.

My tears started to fall with overwhelming emotion when Saint ended his declaration with, "...... and for as long as I live, for as long as I have breath in me, all my activities whether with you or without you will always be performed with you in my mind and my heart."

I moved towards him and hugged him tight, so tight that I heard him whisper, "Perth, I cannot breathe."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said, letting go of him.

I planted a kiss on his lips and the whole chapel broke out into cheers and applause.

We heard the organist start playing her music again to signal the end of the ceremony.

As Saint and I walked down the aisle, friends and relatives started to throw petals of assorted flowers, mostly rose petals onto the aisle.

Before our close friends could come around to tease us, we ran to our waiting limousine which would take us to the international airport.

Courtesy of our parents, they had arranged a honeymoon vacation for us in Hawaii.

They had booked us at a lovely hotel that was right beside the beach.

Our room had a veranda facing the beach and we could enjoy the view of the ocean while feeling the fresh sea breeze caressing our faces and blowing lightly on our hair.

We spent the days either swimming or sightseeing. During the night we would make unforgettable love to each other that left us exhausted but incredibly satisfied.

We could not get enough of each other.

We felt that a lifetime was not enough for us to experience and live the love that we had for each other.

A/N: Thank you for reading this story. This has a sequel called "The Return of Amanda" in case you are interested.