Chapter 5

A/N: I will be introducing a new character in this fan fiction. Please remember all events in this story never happened in real life. The image above is of the Thai actor James Teeradon. Also, the image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

"Saint," Perth whispered to him but Saint's eyes had closed again.

Perth held Saint's hand tightly and felt Saint's fingers move slightly as if to squeeze his hand back.

"Perth," said his father, "your mother and I will be leaving now. Just give us a call when you're ready to leave and we'll pick you up."

"No, no, no," said Saint's mom, "I will give him a ride home. Don't worry about it."

"Very well, then," said Perth's father, "my wife and I will now be taking our leave."

"Thank you once again for bringing Perth to visit my son," said Mrs. Suppapong, bowing to Perth's parents.

Once Perth's parents left the room, Saint's mom turned to see Perth bending down to give Saint a gentle hug, his tears flowing freely once more.

"I wish I could stay here all night with you," Perth whispered in Saint's ear.

Perth noticed Saint opening his eyes slowly.

"Saint!" Perth exclaimed, "Saint, it's Perth! I'm here beside you! Please say something!"

"Why are you not with your wife?" asked Saint weakly.

"What wife?" asked Perth in confusion.

And then ... "Oh, Amanda! She's not my wife.  She ran away from the altar before the priest could pronounce us man and wife. Her boyfriend came and interrupted the ceremonies."

"Her boyfriend ... " Saint said weakly before closing his eyes again.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. A nurse came in announcing that she was going to hang the second dose of antibiotic in the IV pole.

Then the nurse turned to Saint's mom,  "If he complains of pain, just press the call button and I will inject a pain medication into the IV bag."

"Okay, thank you nurse," said Saint's mom.

The nurse had not yet gone for too long when there was another knock on the door.

A good looking well built young man walked in carrying a basket of fresh fruits.

He bowed to Saint's mom. "I came as soon as I heard the news," he said.

"That's very kind of you, James," said Saint's mom, accepting the basket of fruits that he handed to her.

Then James noticed that Saint had a visitor, holding Saint's hand.

James started to back away, excusing himself from the room.

"James, this is Perth," said Saint's mom, "he is a good friend of Saint."

"Perth, come and shake hands with James," Saint's mom continued, "James lives next door to us. We have been neighbors for a very long time."

Perth let go of Saint's hand and walked over to James and extended his hand to him.

James smiled and took Perth's hand, shaking it in a friendly manner.

"Saint and I, we have been friends for a very long time," he explained, "we spend fun times together whenever his schedule is not too tight."

"I see," said Perth, smiling back but deep inside Perth was feeling some hurt and jealousy. He was wondering why Saint had never mentioned James to him. Was something going on between Saint and James?

At the same time James was also wondering if Perth and Saint were in a relationship. He had come into the room to find Perth holding Saint's hand. Why was Perth holding Saint's hand. Why did Saint never mention Perth's name to him before.

James knew that he should not feel jealous of Perth because he had never mentioned to Saint that he loved him and wanted to be in a relationship with him. As of now, Saint was free to be in a relationship with anyone.

James thought, 'I better do something before this guy in front of me takes him away.'

Once again, James bowed and excused himself.

"I will come back when Saint is more alert and able to talk," said James to Saint's mom, "If he wakes up while I'm not here, please let him know that I visited and that I brought him that basket of fruits."

"Of course," said Saint's mom, "do you want me to call you to let you know when he wakes up?"

"Yes, please, mom," said James, "thank you so much."

Then he bowed and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Perth could not help noticing that James had addressed Mrs. Suppapong as "mom". Was that how close James and Saint were to each other? Were they in a secret relationship?

Suddenly Perth felt his hand gripping his chest. His chest was starting to feel tight and painful.