Chapter 21

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Saint's POV

"I'm so sorry, Perth!" I exclaimed as I watched him rub his backside with a grimace.

"It's okay," he laughed, "it was more my fault than yours. I shouldn't have done to you what I did. Your mother must be very disappointed in me."

"I don't think so," I assured him, "I know my mom. She would have said some words of disapproval, but all she said was to tell what I said to my grandmother."

We both broke out into loud laughter.

"You better go and take your breakfast tray from Mom before she starts thinking that we're doing some monkey business again," I told Perth.

"Okay," he said, moving towards the door, "I'll be back."

While Perth was fetching his breakfast tray I sat up in bed and slowly pulled my bedside table closer to me.

I made space for Perth's breakfast tray.

Perth came back shortly, carrying his breakfast tray, smiling but with a very red face.

"What happened?" I needed to know what caused him to blush a deep red.

"Your mom... " he started to say and then stopped.

"My mom what?" I insisted on knowing what he was about to say.

"Are you sure you want to know?" he asked, as he set his breakfast tray beside mine.

"Of course I want to know!" I exclaimed impatiently.

"Your mom said ..."

"My mom said what?!?" I was starting to get upset that he was leaving me hanging with suspense.

"She said that I seemed to know how to..."

"Goddammit, Perth!" I could not help cursing now, "she said that you seemed to know how to what?!? What, what, what???"

"... how to make you close your eyes and smile with pleasure ..."

This time I was the one blushing.

I didn't know how I would face my mom later today.

"Let's just forget about it first and focus on our breakfast," Perth advised me.

"I think that's a good idea," I agreed.

I took the long glass of cold orange juice and took a long hard drink from it, hoping to cool down the heat from my neck and face.

I saw Perth doing the exact same thing.

Then in silence we ate our breakfast. We made quick work of the scrambled eggs and cheese and garlic flavored turkey sausage bites and toast.

We realized that we were both very hungry after that little incident.

"Were you the one who brought this glazed doughnut?" I asked as I took a bite from it.

"Yes," he replied, "I stopped by the doughnut shop close to my house before coming here."

"Thank you, Perth," I said, "it tastes really good."

I watched him bite into his own doughnut which had peanut bits sprinkled on it.

"Your mom told me that you are allergic to peanuts," he said, "that's why I took this one from you."

"She's right," I confirmed to Perth, "the first time I realized that I was allergic to peanuts was when I was in grade school. During recess, I took a bite out of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich that James offered me, and suddenly my skin broke out in red rashes and I started having difficulty breathing."

"Your history with James goes that far?" Perth's voice sounded a little upset.

"I"m sorry," I said, "I didn't mean to bring James into our conversation, but yeah, James and I practically grew up together."

"Are you attracted to him?" Perth asked me just as I had taken another sip of my orange juice.

Because I wasn't expecting him to ask that question, I swallowed too soon and the juice went down the wrong way.

I started coughing hard and got all red in the face from coughing.

I saw the look of anger in Perth's face. He had misunderstood my coughing and redness to be a sign of guilt.

He suddenly stood up and took his breakfast tray and made his way towards the door.

"Perth, come back!" I cried, "you are misunderstanding me!"

He just kept on walking and then opened the door, walked out of it and closed it behind him.

I hung my head in frustration.