Chapter 11

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Saint's heart caught in his throat when he heard his phone ringing with the special ringtone that he had assigned only for Perth.

"I love you back," he heard Perth say when he swiped the screen to take his call.

Perth's loving words actually brought tears to Saint's eyes.

"When will I see you again?" asked Saint.

"I can go back there right now if James is no longer with you," Perth replied.

"No, no, no," Saint protested.

"What??? Why don't you want me to go back there, because James is still with you?" Perth asked angrily.

"No, it's not that!" Saint exclaimed, "First of all, James is no longer here. The reason I don't want you to come back right now is because I don't want to cause too much trouble for you."

"If you love someone, nothing is considered as a trouble when wanting to go see your loved one," Perth said moodily.

"But, Perth, when I asked when I was going to see you again, I meant tomorrow at the earliest. You need to rest now yourself, Perth, you have had a long day," said Saint.

Perth realized that actually Saint was being sensible.

"Very well," Perth finally agreed, "I will get ready for bed and will come to see you first thing in the morning."

"I love you, Perth, good night," Saint said, almost in a whisper, because he meant it from the bottom of his heart.

"Perth?" Saint got worried when there was only silence at the other end.

Suddenly he heard Perth sobbing on his phone.

"Perth, what's wrong, baby?" Saint was now completely worried.

"You should have been the one at the altar with me today!" Perth said, between sobs.

"Please don't cry, you're making me cry, too," said Saint in a very sad voice.

"I'm sorry," said Perth, "I shouldn't be giving you emotional stress because you are still recovering from your injuries."

"Don't worry," said Saint, "I promise to get better quickly, then we can spend fun times together again."

"Okay, I will hold you to your promise," said Perth, wiping away his tears.

"Good night then, Perth, I love you, sweetheart," said Saint.

"I love you so very much," said Perth, "more than you'll ever know."

That night Perth had a very vivid dream of Saint. 

Perth was holding Saint's hand, leading him down a church aisle. On either side of the aisle he could see the smiling faces of their close friends and family.

They were both in white tuxedos with a purple orchid sticking out in each lapel.

When they reached the altar, the officiating priest was about to speak when suddenly there was a commotion at the church door.

"Stop the wedding!" they heard someone shouting as he was rushing down the aisle towards where Perth and Saint were standing.

When Perth and Saint looked around, it was James in black pants and a black leather jacket walking quickly towards them.

Before anyone of them could do anything, James landed a well aimed fist on Perth's jaw.

Perth woke up in the middle of his dream with sweat breaking all over his face.

The dream felt so real. Was it an omen? Should he just ignore it?

Perth had a hard time going back to sleep. He wanted to look up James' address and confront him and then tell him to back off from Saint.

Maybe he should do that tomorrow instead of visiting Saint at the hospital, were Perth's last thoughts before finally falling back to sleep.