Chapter 17

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

James' POV

I peeled the mangoes for Saint and cut them up into bite size pieces to make it easier for Saint to eat them.

"Thank you, James," Saint said with a smile, "I appreciate all the hard work you're doing for me."

I felt great happiness at his words. I hoped that he sincerely meant them.

I noticed how there were some juices dripping from Saint's lips.

I quickly got some napkins and wiped them off.

I could not help staring at his lips as I wiped off the mango juice.

I found myself leaning forward, closer to his face, but suddenly Saint moved away.

I felt very hurt and disappointed.

At that exact moment, Saint's mom appeared.

"James, please thank your mom for the mangoes and thank you for bringing them over to the house," she said, "Would you like me to fetch you some cold water from the fridge?"

"Thank you, mom," I said, "I would love that."

"Please bring me some as well," Saint spoke up.

"Of course," his mom replied.

I stood up and followed Saint's mom to the kitchen.

"Let me help you bring the bottles so that you don't have to walk back and forth to the living room," I offered.

"Thank you, James, that's very sweet of you," said Saint's mom with a smile.

The compliment warmed my chest. I hoped that when I finally confided to her that I loved her son, that she would approve of it.

Saint and I spent the time watching a home movie.

It was all about a couple whose relationship got messed up because the girl had a child by another man before they met. The guy had willingly accepted the child and had treated it as his own flesh and blood. However, one day the real father showed up and tried to break them apart. The girl was torn between the guy she loved, and the father of her child who was trying to get back together with her, showering her with attention and gifts. The present partner was suffering so much, seeing that the girl was starting to like the ex-boyfriend and was thinking of getting back together with him.

It was a very emotional drama, but in the end, the girl chose to stay with her current partner because she found out that her ex was already married and had kept it a secret from her.

I did not realize that my tears were flowing down my cheeks until I felt Saint dabbing my eyes and my cheeks with a tissue.

For some reason, his action made me cry even more.

"Awww..." I heard Saint saying under his breath before he enveloped me in his arms.

We had stayed that way for a while, not hearing the buzz at the gate. It just barely sunk in my brain that the housemaid and had gone to open the gate for whoever had buzzed.

Suddenly, Saint broke the embrace.

"Perth!!!"

I turned around.

Perth was standing in the doorway, a big bouquet of flowers in his hand.