Chapter 15

A/N: I would like to thank everyone following this story and voting and commenting on it. Also, the image above does not belong to me, it belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Saint's POV

I must have fallen asleep after lunch because when I woke up, Perth was no longer in the room.

I asked my mom where Perth was and she said that he had left and to just let me know that he had gone home already.

I was about to text Perth when my phone started to ring. It was James calling.

I swiped my phone to take his call.

"Hello, James." I said, "I'm sorry that your visit was interrupted."

"That's alright," he said, "is Perth still with you right now?"

"No," I replied, "I fell asleep after lunch and when I woke up just now, my mom told me that he had gone home."

"Do you want me to come over and have dinner with you?" he asked, "I can always stop for an extra order of the spinach spaghetti because I promised to give the other one to your mom."

"No, don't worry about it, James," I said, "the nurses told me that I will be discharged tomorrow, so we can see each other at home while I'm resting and waiting to recover completely."

"Oh, okay, I will visit you at home then," he said, "what time are you getting discharged?"

"Most probably after twelve noon," I replied.

"Do you want me to come over tomorrow and help you check out of the hospital?" he asked.

I was starting to get tired of all his questions.

"It's okay, James," I said, trying my best to suppress a sigh, "my mom and I will surely manage."

"Is it because Perth is the one coming to help you tomorrow when you get discharged?" I noticed that there was a little edge to his voice.

"Perth doesn't even know yet that I'm getting discharged tomorrow," I was getting a bit irritated now.

"Don't tell him," he said urgently, "please don't tell him."

This was starting to get unbelievable. He can't dictate to me what I can or cannot do.

I kept quiet. I did not respond to his request.

After a short silence, he said, "I guess you will tell him anyway."

I still did not say a word.

"Okay, Saint, I just wanted to wish you a good dinner. I hope you will enjoy your favorite dish that I brought you and I hope to see you tomorrow," he said in a resigned tone of voice.

"Thank you, James," I said with a sigh that came unbidden, "see you tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye, I love you, babe," did I really hear that???

He had cut the call before I could respond to that.

After my mom heard that I had finished my phone conversation with James, she asked me if I wanted to have dinner already.

I was starting to feel hungry so I said yes.

She said she was going to stop by the nurses' station to tell the nurses not to have my hospital dinner tray sent to my room because she was going to the cafeteria to warm up the food that James had brought me earlier.

As I was enjoying the spinach spaghetti noodles I started to appreciate the efforts that James was making to please me.

I was wondering if James really meant it when he said, "I love you, babe."

Maybe it was just something that he automatically said to his friends.

"Mmm, this tastes really good," my mom said as she took another forkful of spaghetti.

"You said the same thing to Perth about his pad thai," I said, frowning.

"Yes, I'm a double crosser," she said with a laugh.

"Mom, you're so bad," I said, but I was laughing along with her.

Then her face got serious.

"Are you going to tell Perth that you are getting discharged tomorrow?" she asked, studying my face very intently.

I did not know what to say to that.