Chapter 13

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Saint's POV

I was awakened from my nap by my mom shaking me awake.

"Saint!" she said with a very anxious look, "Perth and James are outside the room. They are arguing about something."

I could hear the raised voices and it got me worried, too.

I wished so badly that I was already well enough to get out of bed and go to them and ask them what's going on.

"Mom, please, go to them and make them stop whatever they are yelling to each other about," I begged my mom.

I was already starting to develop a headache from the stress I was feeling.

Suddenly I had an idea. I pressed the call button for a nurse. Bringing a nurse to me would serve two purposes: I would ask her for a pain pill for my headache, and she will make Perth and James stop fighting because it could disturb the other patients. The nurse would have the authority to make them stop fighting or they will have to be ejected from the hospital premises.

In a few minutes, the yelling stopped and I heard a knock at the door before a nurse came in, followed by Perth and James, both carrying a bag of what looked to me like lunch and drinks.

"Did you need anything, sir?" asked the nurse.

The nurse was a pretty young lady with a kind and friendly smile and Perth and James were frowning at her.

I tried to smile back at her but my headache was starting to bother me now.

"Could I trouble you for a pain pill, nurse?" I asked, "I'm having a mild headache."

"It's no trouble at all, sir," she said with another smile, "and my name is Pinky, sir."

"Thank you, Pinky," I said. This time I was able to give her back a smile.

Perth and James rolled their eyes upward at the ceiling.

I turned to them.

"What were you guys arguing about?" I asked, "I could hear your voices from my bed but I could not exactly tell what you were saying to each other."

"It was nothing," said James, "Perth and I just had a slight misunderstanding."

Perth did not say a word but moved forward to hand me a large brown paper bag with the logo of the popular Jade Terrace Restaurant. (A/N: This is just a fictional name. The author does not know if a restaurant by this name does exist.)

"Actually, I got here first," James spoke up, moving forward to hand me his own plastic bag containing some food and drinks, "I brought you your favorite spinach spaghetti noodles with veggie meatballs and a large size strawberry melon ice tea."

"Saint," Perth finally spoke with a firm voice, "if you don't want the lunch I brought you, it's fine. I will just leave it here and go home."

"Oh, you're going to be childish about this now?" James challenged him.

"You were the one who was getting childish first by stating that you actually got here first!" Perth was raising his voice now.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Nurse Pinky was back with a small tumbler of water and a pain pill in a small medicine cup.

Perth and James stepped aside to let her through to me.

"Thank you, Pinky," I said, taking the tumbler of water and medicine cup.

Before leaving the room, Pinky turned to James and Perth, "Please don't say or do anything to upset my patient," she advised them, "remember he is still recovering from his injuries. Any emotional stress could delay his recovery."

"Yes, nurse," James and Perth said together.