Chapter 12

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

James woke up bright and early. He had a good night's sleep and had wonderful plans for his day.

Now that Saint was able to graduate from his regular diet and could now eat regular food, James was excited to bring Saint his favorite dish of spinach spaghetti noodles with veggie meatballs.

James took a shower and then went through his wardrobe, choosing carefully what he was going to wear for the day. He wanted to look good for Saint. He was determined to take down his potential competition, Perth.

Perth was dark skinned and not even good looking, James was thinking happily. What James did not know was that Saint preferred dark looking guys because the dark skin made them look more manly and tough.

On top of that, Saint was deeply attracted to Perth's smiling eyes and sexy lips.

But of course James did not know this and was happily putting on a pair of white shorts with brown horse prints and a matching white polo shirt. Over it he wore a sleeveless indigo denim material vest which made him look very manly.

He did not forget to spray on some of his favorite perfume.

To complete the picture, he put on some sunglasses that made him look very attractive.

"Where are you off to?" his mom said, sniffing the air, "you're smelling very good today. Are you going on a date?"

"Not really," James replied with a smile, "I'm just going to visit Saint at the hospital."

James' mom had been aware of Saint's unfortunate accident because she and Saint's mom were friends because they had been neighbors for many years.

"How is he doing?" asked James' mom.

"He is getting better," James replied, "he is now able to eat regular food."

"Oh, you mean he couldn't eat regular food right after the accident?" James' mom asked curiously.

"No, mom, he used to be on a liquid diet, but his digestive system has improved so now he can eat regular food," James replied.

"I'm happy to know that," said James' mom, "I hope he recovers fast so that you can spend fun times with him again."

'And more than that, I hope' James was thinking, but he did not say it out loud because he did not know how his mom would react to the fact that he wanted to be more than just friends with Saint.

James stopped by the Italian restaurant where he and Saint had gone to eat for lunch before, and ordered two plates of spinach spaghetti noodles with veggie meatballs to go and two large size strawberry melon ice tea.

When his orders were packaged and ready to go, he paid the cashier and made his way to the hospital. He played Saint's favorite song along the way and his mind started to wander to the happy times that he and Saint spent, just sharing his earpiece so that they could listen to the song together and enjoy it together.

The happy memories made James' eyes start to tear up so he did not see the car that had cut into his lane and he had to step hard on his brakes, making them screech against the asphalted road.

He was tempted to honk angrily at the motorist who cut him but decided that he wasn't going to let anything ruin his happy day.

He found a good spot in the hospital parking to park his car and quickly made his way into the lobby and pressed the elevator for upward service.

When he got to the floor where Saint's room was located, he walked as fast as he could to Saint's room. He couldn't wait to see his beloved Saint again.

As he was knocking on the door, he heard an elevator door open and his heart beat very, very fast when he saw Perth walk out of it, carrying a big brown paper bag with the logo of a well known restaurant.

Shit, Perth had come to the hospital with the exact same idea as him.

Perth saw him at the exact same time that he saw Perth.

Their eyes locked like two warriors ready to charge at each other.