Scene 5

Wow. I looked around and took it all in. The colors, the smell of sweets that filled every corner, the noises of the people walking by, the characters on every street, all of it. Disney Land had always been my favorite place. I remember the first time I went. I was seven, three years before dad had passed away.  He had just gotten a new promotion at the office and was taking us to celebrate. I miss him more than anything in the world.

“Kait! Where the hell are you going?” I ran after her and her bobbing red ponytail.

We had just arrived and I was already going to lose her. Even when we were little Kait would always try to venture off on her own.  She had a mind of her own I will say that.

“Lola! There’s Peter Pan!” She ran even farther away from me.

I finally caught up to Kait who was practically drooling over Peter tight pants Pan.

 “Hi there, would you like to go to Never Land with me?” Kait got a little weak in the knees the second those words came out.

“Of course I would but take a picture with me first!” She threw the camera at me and forced me to take like twelve thousand pictures of them. That’s it! The girl had officially gone insane!

I thought she had finally had enough then Peter had to go and kiss her cheek! “Can you believe that? Peter Pan kissed my cheek!” she jumped around like a giddy school girl.

“Kait, you fan girl over Peter Pan and not over going to dinner with Harry Styles. Are you mad?” I just wanted the girl to be happy! After all, she has been looking so lonely lately. I just want her to finally find a good guy and date someone for once. I don’t like being happy unless she is happy as well.

I got shot the dagger eyes. I avoided them, as always!

“You have to be a little excited right? Niall said that Harry has something planned special for you.”

I could tell thoughts were racing through her head. She had the same look on her face. The same one she had when talking to Harry after landing at LAX.

“You mean this isn’t a double date?” Uh oh. I felt the wave of panic wash over my face. I didn’t mean to say that out loud.

“Lo, I can’t go. I’d rather sit alone in your sister’s apartment and pet her cat than to go out alone with him.” She barely knew the guy! She could at least give him one chance. This was important to me.

“Oh come on. It’ll be fine. Besides you might end up liking him, you know liking someone won’t kill you.” I nudged her shoulder.

“I don’t know him!” People looked at us. I hid behind my hand. I’m not one for attention.

“That’s why you go on a date, to get to know people.” I smiled softly, hoping I could encourage her to go. “Please, please. I think you two will really hit it off.”

“I’ll hit him if he tries anything.”  Fair enough. I thought to myself.

We finally got to see my favorite person in the entire Disney park.

“Cinderella, we have a question for you.” I smiled and did my best curtsy

“Well what is it dear?” Her voice was as pure as rain.

I remember when my dad told me I was his princess. I miss that. I still wish I was a real princess sometimes.

“My friend, Kait here, is supposed to go on a date tonight with someone very famous. And she just doesn’t want to go. Would you go out with him?”

“Well it depends on who this prince is.” She said with the whitest, brightest smile I have ever seen.

“Correction, he is no prince.”  Kait scowled.

“His name is Harry Styles” I waited for an answer.

“From One Direction? Oh my god! If you don’t I’ll go out with him!” She shrieked and jumped like a crazy monkey on crack.

“Kait, go get him!” She cheered so gracefully. This probably made Kait sick to her stomach.

“I’m leaving. This is ridiculous.” Kait walked away and me and Cinderella continued talking about One Direction but mostly Niall.

“His eyes are even more amazing in person! They sparkle the brightest blue I have ever seen!”

This princess was getting a little too excited now.  I left her after saying a royal goodbye and met up with Kait in line for one of the roller coasters.

“That chick was bat shit crazy. I hope you had fun though.” She smiled.

“Oh Kait! She’s an amazing princess!” I shrieked.

“Let’s just get on the ride Lo.” She chuckled.

“Alright” I followed right behind her.