Scene 7

“Oh Gosh, I’m so sorry about that.” He said pulling a record out of the bin.

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it.”

He showed it to me before putting in on the record player.

“Fly me to the moon.” He smiled.

“Frank Sinatra, I love this song”

“What? Really?” He had a shocked look on his face.

“Shocked I like the oldies?” I teased him with a poke to the cheek.

“No, no. It’s just… ok maybe a little”

“Well, my dad used to put me on his toes and we would dance around his office to this song.” I looked down reminiscing the old times, the good, special moments I shared with my dad.

“You mean like this?” He picked me up and placed me on his toes.

“Yeah, kind of.” I smiled up at him “Except I would also hold his hand like this” I grabbed his hand and pulled him closely.

“Your dad seems like a nice guy.”

“He was, he was a really special guy” I smiled.

I felt myself start to release tears from my eyes. Lola stop. Stop crying Lola. Please stop crying! I thought to myself. I wasn’t ready to tell Niall what had happened to my dad, not yet.

“Fly me to the moon

Let me play among the stars

Let me see what spring is like

On a, Jupiter and Mars

In other words, hold my hand

In other words, baby, kiss me”

He sang those words to me and I felt my heart explode. No guy has ever treated me so kindly.

He lifted my head off his shoulder, looked me in the eyes, and placed his soft lips against mine. His lips were as soft as clouds. I let my eyes close as he deepened the kiss.

I just smiled at him and we continued to dance until the guy in the record store told us he needed to close up. He walked me home and kissed my cheek at the door.

“I’ll call you tomorrow.” He said smiling and waiting for me to make it in safely.