Scene 6

“This is so cheesy, a park, really?” Kait didn’t quite understand how magical it really was, the lights stringed back and forth from tree to tree, the fountain in the middle and a table set up for Niall and I just directly under the stars in the middle of the park.

“Please have a little faith. At least for me?” She agreed to it but I could still see that she wasn’t super excited.

“Fine but you still owe me.” Yes! This is why the girl was my best friend.

Niall and Harry had just arrived at the park. Niall smiled at me then proceeded to try and cheer Kait up. “Hey Kait” He said softly smiling at her.

She did her usual I honestly don’t care but I’ll say hi back anywayWave.

Harry was smiling intensely at Kait so I suggested to Niall that we leave.

“I’ll meet you back at the apartment? The extra key is under the door mat if you get there before I do.” I said as I rushed off with Niall.

“You look really pretty tonight Lola” Was he serious? I just walked around a park for five hours and sweated my ass off.

 I’m surprised he didn’t run for the hills because of my horrendous outfit choice. A navy blue tank top and black shorts, this seemed to be my go to outfit of the summer.

“Thanks” I smiled back at him.

“You’re pretty hot yourself.” I turned bright red and he chuckled slightly.

“Oh Crap! Did I really just say that out loud?” I face palmed and looked down at my feet.

“I thought it was funny and frankly quite cute.” He lifted my chin up and looked right into my soul with his big blue eyes.

“Alright, let’s go sit down. I’m starving” I said urging him towards the table trying to avoid eye contact.

He just chuckled and followed along behind me.

“Can I confess something?” He grabbed my hand and pulled out my chair for me.

“Niall, I just told you that you were hot! Please confess something so I don’t look like the only crazy person”

He leaned in close and whispered in my ear. “I’m really nervous; I’ve never liked a girl as much as I like you”

I looked up at him and smiled. I was nervous too. I mean, why else would I let something so stupid slip out of my mouth?

“That’s my little secret. Now, can we please eat?”

I laughed. “Sure”

I was just digging into my pasta when suddenly I heard rustling in the bushes.

“What the hell was that?!” I looked at Niall who was probably wondering the same thing himself.

Snap! Snap! Snap! The lights flashed. I almost went blind. Before I could stop to think Niall pulled my chair out and threw me over his shoulder.

“I’m sorry Lola; we have to get out of here!”

“Um, Niall, you can put me down” I laughed. “I know how to run”

“Oh right” He placed me back safely on the ground and we bolted.

“Follow me!” He ran so fast I could barely keep up.

“Niall! Niall! Who is this lovely girl? Is she your girlfriend?”

“Niall! Tell us how long you guys have been dating?”

They snapped their flashing cameras in my face.

“Fuck off!” I heard him yell from a couple feet away.