Scenes 32-37

~

We finished getting ready and eating with enough time to spare so the boys decided to walk us to school. Today was slightly more eventful than normal days. I guess things start to change when you date one of the most popular guys in the world.

“Oh hey Lola, I hear you got yourself an Irish dick of a boyfriend.” Stacy Wimble shot at me from across the hallway as I was grabbing my books.

“What did you just say?” I darted over in her direction. Her blonde hair swung around and hit me in the face.

“Oh I’m sorry. Let me say it a little louder so you can hear me.” She got in really close and practically yelled in my face. “I said, your boyfriend is a dick.”

There was one word and one word only to Describe Stacy Wimble and that word was “Bitch.”

I honestly wasn’t sure why she was considered perfect. She was a fake. She had hung out with Kait and I everyday until about fourth grade when she started lying and claiming her parents were rich. Honestly I’m not sure where all her money came from. Her dad is a garbage man and her mom worked at a hair place down in Brooklyn. When she suddenly became “Rich” she suddenly had tons of friends and she was too good for us. She managed to never wear the same outfit twice, always date the hottest guys in school. She was far from perfect though. What people don’t know about Stacy is that she buys all that stuff from Goodwill, minus the boys of course. I’m pretty sure she pays them in sex. Rumor has it she has four different STD’s.

“Did you just call me a bitch?” She crossed her arms and looked me up and down.

“Yeah bitch, I did.”

The bell rang just then. Thank god. Saved by the bell. 

~

The phone in the back of the class rang. Mrs. Chang picked it up. “Ms. Crawford, please go to the office and bring your things. I’m not sure why they need you or how long it will take”

Shit.

Was this about this morning? Crap. I hope I wasn’t getting in trouble. The walk down the old, empty hallway to put away my things was longer than ever. It was weird seeing the hallway empty, deserted to say the least. I felt like I was in one of those old western movies, the ones with the empty roads and tumble weeds. I was trying to prepare an excuse for what happened this morning in the hall with Stacy. Ew. Stacy. Just thinking about her makes me want to vomit. Damn. I took one final breath before entering the main office.

What the hell is going on? What is he doing here? Kait too? What?

“Hi” I said confused, my voice somewhat shaky.

“’Ello Lola.” That Irish accent really stuck out.

“Hey Paul… Uh Kait… Why is he here?”

“Lola, isn’t it lovely? My “Dad” is picking us up early.”

Ohhhhh.

“Yes, yes it is.” Everyone knew I couldn’t lie to save my life but I tried my best.

“Ms. Crawford, are you ok? You look a little pale?” Mrs. Martinez the secretary said looking at me with wide green eyes.

“Just peachy!” I tried letting go of a smile.

“Alright, well we will see you Monday.” She smiled as we walked out the door.

~

“Boo!”

I jumped up and screamed.

“Niall! You can’t do that to me. You scared me to death!” I playfully hit him.

“I can bring my princess back to life.” He smiled and kissed me. Every moment brought more passion.

“Lola?” he lifted my chin up to look him in the eyes.

“Yeah…”

“This isn’t the best way to tell you but I can’t hold it in any longer.”

“Babe, you’re scaring me. What’s wrong?”

“I… I love you.”

“Oh my… Oh my gosh. Niall, I love you too.” I didn’t care that people were walking around by us on the busy New York sidewalk. I kissed him, right then, right there. I felt like we were the only two people in the world.

“Lola! Niall! Come on! Get in the car!” Kait urged us ahead.

Back to reality. Niall grabbed my hand as we headed towards the car following closely behind Harry and Kait. Kait didn’t really strike me as the boyfriend having type but she was falling head over heels for Styles. The last time Kait was crushing was second grade. I will never forget him… Ricky Ernest. Brown Hair, green eyes, kind of the class rebel. I see a pattern here.

~

The boys dropped us off at Kait’s apartment.

“Love you princess.” Niall smiled and kissed my cheek.

“Love you too boocakes.” I giggled.

We walked up the steps and waved them off watching the car drive off in the distance.

“Love you? Oooooh! Lola’s in loveeee!” Kait poked my cheek.

“Oh shut up.” I snarled trying not to blush.

Damn. Love? I’m in love. God. I’M IN LOVE! I smiled to myself as we walked through the door.

~

“Mom?! I’m back!” I yelled as I ran into the apartment.

“Lola Rose Crawford! Where the hell have you been?!”

What the fuck? Seriously. Is this woman already drunk? It’s not even noon.

After spending the night with the boys last night and being away from home for so long I was ready to curl up in my bed and forget about all the press drama fro one night. That’s not gonna happen.

“I was with Kait, mom. Chill. It’s not like you have been sober enough to realize I was gone anyways.” I snarled.

“ I’m tired of you being out all the time. You haven’t been home in five days.”

“I’m tired of you drinking all the time. That doesn’t seem to stop you though, does it?” I rolled my eyes.

I felt a hard slap across my face. My eyes shut promptly followed by an overflow of tears as I gripped the side of my face with my trembling fingers I tried to keep composure but all was suddenly lost and I gave into my anger and let it control my every move. 

“I’m fucking done!” I grabbed my bag, went to my room, and packed my suitcase.

~

“Lola? What are you doing here love? It’s three in the morning.” Harry said with groggy eyes and an extremely messed up mop of curls on top of his head.

“Wait. Have you been crying? Lola, what happened? You know Kait’s not here right? She went home like five hours ago.”

“I-I know. I just needed to get out of my house. I got in an argument with my mom and I left.” I sighed wiping my hand against my sweaty forehead.

“OH, I’m sorry love. Well, come in. I’ll go get Niall and tell him you’re here. Why don’t you have a seat on the couch and wait. I’ll only be a moment.”