Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Sorry, I got nothing. I'll do some research for you."

"Thanks, Bobby."

Farrah hung up and pulled the car (she drove and dropped the boys off) over. "Castiel, please come. Something weird happened last night."

"I am here," he said, and she jumped. "Did I scare you again?"

"No, no." She smiled and pulled back onto the road. "How are you?"

"There are many disputes in heaven. It causes me grief to see my brothers fighting. Otherwise I am well."

Farrah's closed-lip smile cracked open. "Alright. Well, last night, Sam and Dean woke me up and told me that I'd somehow been moving things with my mind. Is that possible?"

"Yes. In fact, it is unusual for one to not be able to do so."

"Don't you think that would've been nice for me to know, Cas?" she hissed angrily.

"I did not think of it."

She sighed. "What else can you tell me about human/angel hybrids?" Her voice still held hostility, but she was trying to be calm about it.

"They are rare. I cannot tell you much that is relevant to you because you are of the Winchester bloodline. That blood is very special."

"So I keep hearing," she rolled her eyes. "Just tell me what else I can expect to happen to me."

"You will be able to control angels. I do not know how exactly, but you will. It is different for all."

She didn't reply.

After a few moments of silence, Cas asked where they were going.

"To the family of one of the suicide victims. You're staying here, because you've got an FBI badge and I don't. I'd just look weird going up there without an agent."

He looked ahead and nodded. "Okay."

~

Cas and Farrah closed the car doors and walked into the motel. "Hey-Cas! What're you doing here?"

"Farrah told me to help her talk to the families."

Dean's eyes narrowed a bit. "She told you?"

"Yes."

"I called him to ask about last night," she explained, "and then afterward told him to stay because I'd need his badge."

"Right."

Sam looked up from his phone and asked what happened. "Well, we know exactly what we did before. Susan and Michael were happy as could be, both together and personally. Then all of a sudden they call each other, break up, and commit suicide within an hour."

"Well, we've almost got the trickster nailed down. What'd you find about the hybrid thing?"

She shrugged and sat down on the couch. "It was me last night, and I can control angels."

Dean smirked. "What, like mind control?"

"Yes," said Cas, "exactly like that. The angel may not even know you are controlling them."

"Hm, well that could come in handy."

"Yes."

Everyone looked at Cas, who was staring at his body strangely. "I cannot go back to heaven."

"Why not?" Farrah asked.

"I do not know. I can't leave this room."

Sam snorted out a chuckle. "Cas, what were you saying earlier? Farrah told you to stay?"

Farrah slapped her hand over her mouth. "I-I didn't...I didn't mean to do that."

Dean chuckled. "Live and learn."

"How do I undo what I did?" she asked urgently.

Everyone was at a loss. Farrah sighed and walked around, her head tilted back in thought. Cas sat on the couch in her place.

A few minutes later, Farrah smiled and her head came back down. "What if I tell you to do the opposite of what I said before?"

"Then he might not be able to come back," Sam pointed out.

"Oh. Hm, I could do it sort of indirectly."

Cas's brow furrowed. "Indirectly?"

"Yeah. Castiel, you're free to leave." Then he was gone. Farrah smiled and clasped her hands together, proud of herself for figuring it out.

"Good job," Sam said.

"Thanks."