Chapter 19

Chapter 19

The light disappeared from Farrah's eyes and was replaced by the dim glow of fire. Her jaw dropped.

Hell was...it was...beautiful. Not like heaven, no. That was a pure, clean beauty. This was dark, mysterious. Demons were scattered all over the place, coming and going as necessary.

"Uh, wow."

Crowley smiled. "Like it? I took the liberty of adding the club, a few miles that way." He pointed to their left.

"I actually do like it." She was surprised. She'd expected spikes and blackness and pits of flaming souls.

"Crowley!" said another demon, walking up to them. "New girl."

"Everett, this is Tabitha, my assistant."

Tabitha? Farrah was confused for just a second before remembering that they knew her real name.

"Tabitha." He nodded and looked at Crowley. "Good thing you're back. Owen and Philip are at it again."

Crowley sighed exasperatedly. "They can't keep their hands off each other for two minutes, can they? Follow close, Tabitha."

Farrah followed Crowley in the opposite direction of the club he had pointed out and led her through tunnels, past rooms, over what appeared to be a river of lava (and Crowley confirmed that it was), and then they stopped.

Farrah peered around the last corner and her eyes widened. Two demons, with cuts and bruises and healing scars covering their bodies, were fighting like animals. No knives, no guns, no nothing. Just claws and teeth.

"Owen!" barked Crowley, slinging his arm out to throw one demon back to the black rock wall. "Philip!" The other demon was thrown to an adjacent wall.

"Didn't end your fight soon enough, boys," he said.

Owen glared at him, his eyes black. "Didn't 'cpect ya back fer a day er mur," he said with a very Irish accent.

"I had some business to take care of. Are you fighting about territory again? I thought we'd settled this."

"No," hissed Philip. Farrah knew he was Australian by his accent. "The angel-girl. David promised us both a hundred souls in return for hers."

Farrah's blood ran cold.

Crowley rolled his eyes. "Work together then. Much simpler than fighting and hoping she just waltzes in on you."

The demons didn't respond and Crowley walked out, Farrah closely following.

"My soul is worth a hundred humans'?" she asked.

"Try a hundred thousand."

Her eyes grew wide like saucers and her jaw dropped. She knew that one soul would be like a million dollars, so that meant that hers was like...a billion or more.

"What?!" she sputtered.

"Shut up."

He grabbed her wrist and tugged her down a side hall. They hid in the darkness while demons, ready with knives and talking about Farrah, passed by.

"She's Sam Wintchester's daughter; she's going to be with them."

"How do you know that?"

"I have my sources."

Their voices faded and Farrah sighed, picturing the nice, quiet room in Bobby's house that she'd stayed in before. The feel of hell was nothing to covet, and she was starting to shake.

"Not here, sweetheart," said Crowley, glancing around and shaking her from her reverie. "They'd catch us for sure. Your flying is a touch too angelic for them."

He brought her with him to his house again. "So much for a day trip." He poured himself a drink and offered her one.

"Have any wine?"

"Sure. Fredrick," he gestured with his first finger to the fridge, "get our guest a glass of wine."

Fredrick, a young demon, said nothing and did as he was told.

As he handed the glass to Farrah, she smiled. "Thank you."

He turned gruffly and walked out. They heard the distinct echo of a glass crashing very soon, and Crowley sighed. "Money, money."

Farrah smiled, tipping the glass back.

"So, about these nightmares of yours."

She raised an eyebrow. "What about them?"

"I know how to stop them, unless you like nearly killing your family."

"Great. How?"

"Control yourself. Soon as you do that, everything else will fall into place."

"I've tried that. It takes a while."

He smirked. "You're only being taught to harness the good in you. But there's just as much bad."

"I'm not bad," she said stiffly.

"No, course not. But your nature is. Starting with your human side; humans aren't good. They're just not. All the beliefs and whatnot saying man is born basically good, they're wrong. And your demon side, that's definitely not 'good'. So, Cas has been teaching you a very small part of what you're capable of."

"Mhm. Okay, so how are you going to teach me?"

"Easy."

"Are you going to tell me, or...?"

"Nope. Now let's get started."