Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"I left my laptop with Sam," Farrah sighed after about an hour. "I don't have a desktop here..." she bit her lip and looked at Thomas.

"Hey, I don't mind," he smiled.

"Fantastic! Let's see if I can do this; Castiel hid them from angels."

She reached over and put her hand on his shoulder, picturing Sam and Dean in her mind. As she stretched her wings, she felt lighter than last time. It made her smile as she flew.

"Okay," she said, and Thomas opened his eyes. They were sitting in an empty motel room. "They must be back or just nearly, since I was going to them." Farrah shrugged that off and walked over to her laptop.

They talked for a few more minutes, until Sam and Dean came in. "Hey," said Sam. "Thought you were out with Cas?"

"Yeah, he left. Said something was wrong."

Dean nodded. "Who's the dude?"

"Thomas," Sam recognized from Farrah's descriptions, and walked over to the two to shake his hand.

"This is Sam and Dean," said Farrah, gesturing to them individually.

He nodded. "Nice to meet you."

"Ugh, I hate formalities," said Dean.

"Hunt not go well?" smirked Farrah, looking back down to her computer.

"Nope," Sam said. "He slipped past us, almost killed Dean."

"I'm fine," he snapped.

Sam and Farrah smiled at each other. "He's upset that he couldn't kill a poltergeist on the first run after dealing with demons."

Thomas smiled.

A few minutes later, Farrah was pacing as she explained what had happened that day to Sam and Dean, and why she needed Thomas' help. "He's human, someone not of the Winchester bloodline. I asked and he's okay with it. I won't do anything too bad, and it's not like this is forever," she quickly dismissed Sam and Dean's obvious objections to her idea.

"Well?"

Cas flashed in across the room and briskly walked over to Farrah. "Sit down," he said dangerously. She immediately plunked down on the bed nearest to her.

He came uncomfortably close to her and put his fingertips on her chest, right beneath her collarbone. Farrah began to squirm and tears grew in her eyes. As he pressed, the tears erupted into a scream, and she fell backward onto the bed. Cas didn't relent. For ten seconds (though it felt like much longer), Farrah felt searing pain in her chest, on her bones, as though they were on fire.

"Cas!" shouted Dean and Sam in unison, jumping up from the bed.

Cas stood back and looked down at Farrah, who had passed out. "What was that about?" Sam growled, while Thomas checked her pulse.

"She was in immense danger," he said, his eyes narrowed. "Demons approached me to get close to her. They do not come up to me, Sam. The angels and demons have heard of Farrah, and they want to kill her. I had to hide her from the angels at least."

Thomas looked up at them, anger clear on his face. When Cas stepped forward to see why she was unconscious, he shot a glare at him so strong it stopped Cas in his tracks.

"Don't."

"How is she?" Sam asked, not wanting to test Thomas.

"She's good. Considering what I know, she'll probably wake up soon."

"Why do the angels want her dead?" Dean asked gruffly.

"She can control them. That does not appeal to my brothers."

Farrah sighed and her eyes fluttered open. "Why does everyone sound mad? I'm fine." She sat up slowly. "Thanks, Castiel."

"Thanks?" echoed Dean. "You were screaming and you passed out!"

"Yeah, but it's better than being dead. Now, can demons still find me?"

"Yes."

She sighed. "Well, at least we can take demons. Angels are much more difficult." She picked up the bottle of holy water that was sitting by the bed and a little spilled out on her hand.

It started to burn and blister, and she screamed and dropped the bottle on the ground. "What was that?!" she screamed, shaking her hand out.

Sam and Dean stood back, their eyes wide. Cas was intrigued. "That was holy water. Why did it burn you?"

"Do I look like I freaking know?!" she gasped, wrapping her hand in a towel for the water to soak into.

Sam sighed and rolled his shoulders. "I had demon blood in my system when I was sixteen."

Dean's furrowed brow smoothed back out. "Are you suggesting-"

"I'm one-third angel, one-third human, and one-third demon," Farrah said quietly.