Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Sam, you have to get that book you were looking at!"

"What?"

"The book you were reading, the one you lost your place in when Castiel showed up. Borrow it and get back here."

Sam frowned. "How do you know-"

"I just do! Hurry up, I think I found something!"

He pulled the phone away from his ear to retain hearing through the high-pitched squealing and said, "Okay," slowly.

Dean raised an eyebrow. "Who was that?"

"Farrah. She heard, or saw, our conversation with Cas. She wants me to borrow this book." He tapped the cover.

Dean slid it over to read the name. "Why? This is just a bunch of Latin crap."

Sam sighed. "I couldn't decipher it. It's ancient Latin, back from when people were just beginning to speak it, if it isn't some other language."

Dean picked it up. "Well if she wants it, there must be a reason."

They got back to the motel quickly, where Farrah was anxiously waiting for them. She saw the book and leaped forward to grab it from Sam.

Racing to the table, she tossed the book down and flipped through the pages. "Here! Castiel, come look at this!" Cas, standing across the room from them, walked over as she put her finger on the page.

""The offspring of an angel and a human', that's me!" she said excitedly. "There is lore about human/angel hybrids!"

Cas looked closely at the letters. "Farrah, this is Enochian. How can you read this?"

She shrugged. "Half-angel, remember? So listen," she dragged her finger from right to left across the page, "'The offspring of an angel and a human shall have more power than that of an archangel, including the power of compulsion. If the child is of a powerful bloodline, the compulsion shall work upon any human not of the bloodline, as well as every angel and demon in existence. They shall walk freely among all worlds, heaven and hell alike. They shall have the gift of prophecy, reserved for only prophets. Along with this shall the child of an angel and a human retain all power that has been or will ever be used against its parents for all time.'"

She stopped reading and looked up. Sam was looking closely at the page. "Farrah, this is ancient, and we don't know how much is true."

"All of it," said Cas.

"So you've seen this before?" Dean asked.

"No."

"So how do you know it's true?"

"This is written by an angel. It is all true."

Farrah looked up at them. "And I'm of a powerful bloodline, aren't I?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah."

She smiled. "Now that we have this, you guys focus on the job; Cas can teach me how to fly and everything so I don't end up asleep for a week."

Looking down at the book, Farrah kept reading.

"Okay then," Sam said. "Since the library didn't work, I'll stay here and research with my laptop."

"Yeah, and I'll go talk to the families," Dean said.

~

Farrah opened her eyes; she was home again. Cas stood in front of her, needing to slightly recover from the sensation of being flown somewhere.

"Very good."

"Thanks."

"Where are we?"

She smiled. "Home." As they walked into town, she said, "I think I'm going to stop by the diner and get a bite. Thomas owes me some money anyway."

Pulling out her phone, she called Thomas. "Hey, money bag," she said.

"Farrah! Where've you been? You just vanished on me."

"I've been with my dad. I met him my last day at work. Speaking of, are you working today?"

"No. I can swing by the diner if you want."

She smiled. "Yeah! That'd be nice. You owe me a shake."

He laughed. "Alright. Be there in ten."

She hung up and turned to Cas. "You sound close to this Thomas."

"I am," she smiled. "He's my best friend. I've been the worst, just leaving without telling him like that. But he doesn't get angry at me. He only gets angry at lazy people."

"It is not usual for two young people of the opposite sex to be close friends. Have you ever engaged in anything more than friendship?"

Farrah couldn't help it; she burst out in giggles. Cas looked extremely confused. Through her hand, clamped over her mouth, she said, "Thomas is gay, Castiel."

He flushed bright red.

"I've never had a boyfriend," she said. "Not sure why. People just don't seem to like me generally. Probably because I was always worrying about ghosts and creatures, carrying salt and iron in my bags. Thomas and I have always been the outcasts, I guess. We kinda gravitated together in grade school."

He nodded. As they walked, Farrah pointed out a few different things: the cupcake shop that was struggling to stay in business, the park where teenagers hung out after school, the hair salon Emily had worked at. Soon they came to a small restaurant, where Farrah's face lit up and she jumped forward from her position beside Cas.

"Thomas!" she exclaimed, giving the boy a hug. No one would guess just upon seeing Thomas that he was gay, he looked like anyone else (most people who have same-sex orientation dress and look different). In fact, Farrah and Thomas, standing beside each other, looked like they could've been a couple.

"Thomas, this is Castiel," she said, bringing him over to Cas, who was standing in the doorway. "Let's sit down."