Chapter 23

Chapter 23

*Flashback-sixteen years ago*

"Her name is Farrah," Emily said.

Dean smiled. "She's beautiful."

He handed the girl back to her mother as his phone started to ring. When he saw who was calling, his heart dropped.

"Hey."

"Dean," Sam said quietly, "where are you?" He sounded scared.

"What's going on?"

"Dad's flipping out. I need you here. Where are you?"

Dean looked at the small family in front of him, and sighed. "Nowhere. I'll be back in twenty." He hung up and looked at Emily. "I'm so sorry."

"I understand," she smiled. "You had to sneak off just to come see me now. Go home, Sam. Come see me when you can." Dean smiled sadly. He knew he couldn't ever come back.

"See you then."

*Now*

Guilt surged in Dean as he watched Farrah sit at her computer, teaching Cas all about the functions and why they worked.

He knew he had to tell her, it was only a matter of time. Sam couldn't keep this up; only an hour ago she'd been turned down at her request to call him Dad. Sam had looked at Dean with heavy eyes. They both loathed lying to her.

He got up, grabbed his jacket, mumbled something about going out, and left. Farrah watched.

He ended up at a bar, not that he had been intending to go anywhere else. Quickly ordering a drink, he saw the bartender smile a bit. "You look like THE PLACE DEEP DEEP DOWN." (A/N: I will use the word hell as the place, but never shall I ever use it as anything else.)

He lifted his brows for a second and let them drop. "Yeah, I've been there. This is worse."

"Is that so?" She looked down at the next employee and shouted, "Rick! Cover for me, will ya?" He nodded and she leaned down on the bar. "Wanna enlighten me?"

"Only if you keep my glass full."

"I think I can make that happen." She smiled.