Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Farrah couldn't keep her mind off of Dean. She tried to focus with Cas, but something kept dragging her attention away.

Finally she gave into the sick feeling she had. "Castiel, I think that's about all I can manage for now. I need to get Sam."

"What is it?" he asked.

"Something's wrong with Dean."

He reached over and took her hand, knowing he couldn't find either of the boys, but she could. "Take us to Sam."

She smiled a bit. She hadn't expected him to come along.

With a picture of him in mind, she stretched her wings.

"Whoa!" Sam jumped.

"We've gotta go. Dean's in trouble."

He started to wrap up what he was doing with the latest body quickly. "What'd he do this time?"

"I don't know. I just know something's wrong. Hurry up!" She started to get jumpy.

She knew that they were hunting a shapeshifter, so when she started to picture Dean, she did so with his car playing a Metallica song just in case he'd been copied.

She found herself standing halfway between the Impala and a bar. The door was locked, the blinds drawn, blood splattered on them.

They walked up and Sam got out his lock-picking kit. "Not fast enough," she muttered, and flung her hand out. The glass blew in as the doors flung back.

There were multiple dead bodies laying on the ground, throats ripped out. Two Deans were still standing.

"Great," Sam sighed.

Both of them started to tell the three newcomers to kill the other. Farrah sighed. "Both of you sit down and shut up. Gosh, you're giving me a headache."

Instantly the Deans took a seat at the bar and snapped their mouths shut.

"Crap," she said. "I'm not supposed to be able to do that with blood!"

Cas titled his head and looked off, trying to figure it out. When Farrah looked at Sam for help, he shrugged. "New plan?"

One of the Deans rolled his eyes. Farrah looked at him. "Does the shapeshifter have all of your memories?"

He nodded.

"Fantastic."

She asked a few questions, just to see if that was true. They answered at the same time, in the same tone, for every question.

Finally Farrah'd had enough. She crossed her arms over her chest and said, "Both of you go outside and get in the backseat of the Impala."

They got up, walking out. Sam watched her glare after them and chuckled. She looked at him. "You sit between them."

He grumbled in protest even as his feet moved of their own accord.

Farrah sighed. "Cas, please go look for an explanation of what I am."

"I would prefer not to. Joshua-"

"I don't care what Joshua said!" she shouted. "I have a right to know what I am, and if I'm as strong as everyone seems to think I am, I'll sure be able to handle whatever comes at me because of finding out!"

She stalked out and planted herself in the driver's seat of the Impala. One Dean growled, "Scratch my baby and I'll break your nose."

Farrah chuckled. "Got that threat out of Dean's memories, didja?"

"I'm Dean."

"Mhm."

As she drove, Sam asked, "Where's Cas?"

"Oh, I asked him to go find an explanation for me about me."

There was a brief pause before she looked in the rearview mirror and saw Dean, the one who hadn't spoken, silently glaring out the window.

"What?" she asked.

"If you wanted to kill yourself, there are better ways to do it."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm fine; I will be fine."

He cursed lightly. "That's what Sam said before Cas took the wall down too."

"Dean, I'm fine," Sam said.

"You really are his daughter, aren't you?"

Sam sighed and looked back out the windshield.

The other Dean said, "Wow. Taking it a bit too far, aren't you, Dean? I mean, she's just my niece. I don't care that much about her."

Farrah bit her lip and kept her eyes trained forward. She hoped the one who was worried about her was the real Dean.

The got back to the motel and Farrah ordered both Deans inside, then locked the door. "Sam, can you please get me a silver blade?"

He nodded and walked over to the bag. Silver dagger in hand, Farrah tentatively ripped open the sleeves of both boys' shirts, making sure not to nick the skin.

"Let's play a game called Who's the Imposter." With a quick slice of the worried Dean's arm, her worries lifted. "Well, I guess we know who it is."

Sam tossed a towel over and Dean wrapped his arm. "Did you have to do it so deep?"

She shrugged. "I was almost positive you were him." She waved the dagger at the shapeshifter's face.

Crouching down beside him, she said, "Would you like to tell me your name?"

He spit in her face. Sam walked over with a knife of his own and stabbed the guy's arm. He howled in pain.

"Please tell me your name."

"I take on the name of whomever I wear. I have no name."

She sighed. "Pity. I would've liked to have known it before I killed you." She shoved the dagger in his heart and turned away, gagging at the blood.

"Farrah," said Dean, "I still can't move."

"Right. Sorry. You're free to do as you like."

He stood up and walked over to the sink to clean out the cut. His knives weren't exactly sanitized, and he didn't need to get a disease from a cut.

"Why'd you think I was the shapeshifter?" he called over.

She shrugged and tucked hair behind her ear. "I didn't think you cared about me enough to be worried."

He nodded and turned back to the sink. Didn't care? He braced himself on the edge. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, he barely admitted it to himself, but he loved Farrah almost as much as he loved Sam. But she didn't love him. She saw him as an abrasive man she had to deal with.

He felt tears prick his eyes and cursed. The only time he'd ever cried before was when Sam died-every time. That, and he had allowed himself two minutes of weakness on the drive back to Sam after he'd seen Farrah as a baby.

"Dean?" Sam asked.

"Yeah." He nodded and stood up straight. "I'm good."

Farrah watched guiltily, wondering if the cause of his behavior was her statement. Honestly, even saying it had sent a knife to her heart, because she knew he cared about her, but it had to be said. Dean knew that.

Sam looked between them and dragged Dean outside by his upper arm.