Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Farrah left hell when she started to get tired, but she didn't go back to her family. Instead, she flew to Crowley's and stayed the night in her room there. She didn't tell anyone she was there, but she knew they heard her crying.

She woke up curled around a pillow, hugging it close to her body, the comforter wet near her face.

Sighing, she stretched out and remembered her promise. She wasn't one to break promises. Dean hadn't earned as much of her trust as Sam had, in fact she knew that if it weren't for Dean, Sam would've come clean before he even started to lie to her, so she texted Sam.

Checking in. Not in hell, but not coming back.

Where are you?

With a roll of her eyes, she responded with one word: Safe. She knew he'd think something happened to her if she didn't respond.

Sam stared at the word for a bit before tossing his phone down. "You really pissed her off, Dean."

"How? I just told her the truth." Dean pulled his shirt on.

"Well, you lied to her first."

He stayed silent.

"I know you hated doing it as much as I did. Don't try to fake it."

"So what? It was one lie, not like it changed anything."

Sam looked down at his hands and pressed his thumb against the scar that remained on his palm. "I don't know, Dean. I think I'm gonna have to side with Farrah on this one."

Dean looked shocked. "What? Sam, she's PMSing, she'll be fine."

Sam sighed. He wasn't going to budge. Instead of fighting further with Dean, he texted Farrah.

I understand. Find me in ten; I'll be alone. Please.

Farrah looked at the incoming text and sighed. Fine. After all, it wasn't Sam she was mad at. It was Dean.

Five minutes later, Farrah flew to Sam, latched onto his arm, and flew back to her room. He looked around. He hadn't expected to move.

"Wow. This is actually...really nice," he said.

"Thanks." She sank into a love seat, sideways so she covered the whole thing. Sam caught a bitter sarcasm to her tone and sat on the edge of the bed. "What do you want, Sam?"

He looked her up and down. Her hair was obviously not brushed, her clothes consisted of a long plaid shirt and a pair of shorts, and her red puffy eyes had bags beneath them.

"Did you sleep at all last night?"

She shrugged.

"Look, Farrah, I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you, but Dean-"

"I don't want to hear that name," she hissed menacingly, her head snapping up to meet his eyes.

He nodded. "Okay. I just wanted to tell you that I didn't want to lie to you. I don't know why he did, he just...did. He had a good reason, I can tell, but he wouldn't tell me."

"That's an excuse?"

"No! No, of course not. I'm just saying, I didn't want to lie to you, but there was a reason for it."

She raised her eyebrow and looked back down at her hands. "So, you're siding with me, someone you've barely known for three months, over your own brother."

"I agree with you. He shouldn't have done what he did."

She nodded. "Okay. Just so we're clear, that doesn't mean I'm going back. I'm still mad at him."

"Understood, totally expected. But you're not angry with me...are you?"

She hesitated before slowly shaking her head. "No. You apologized, and you're sincere."

"Okay. Uh, who's shirt is that?"

She looked down to see what she was wearing and shrugged. "I didn't want to sleep in my crop top."

"Who's is it?"

The next word she said was muffled, almost inaudible. "Dean's."

He coughed out a small laugh. "Bit of revenge?"

With a shrug she said, "Honestly? I wanted an excuse to go back and still be mad at him. His shirt was just laying out. You were both asleep." Tears sprung in her eyes. "Dean was...he had red eyes."

Sam's eyebrows jumped to his hairline. "He cried?"

"Yeah." She nodded and wiped her eyes.

"Wow. Farrah, you must mean a heck of a lot to Dean if he bawled because you were mad at him."

"I'm not mad at him. I'm furious, bubbling with rage. There's not a word to describe how insanely mad I am at him."

Sam nodded. "Okay. That's understandable." It was silent for a few minutes.

"The demons know me as Tabitha," she said.

"Tabitha? Who picked that name?"

"Crowley. He introduced me as his assistant."

He nodded. "What else do they know about you?"

"One of the kinder demons, Carly, knows I pretend to be a human and travel. I didn't tell her where, but faked a slight British accent, so she thinks I travel everywhere."

"I know it's not my place to say, but I think I'd prefer if you didn't make visiting heaven or hell a norm."

Her eyes narrowed before she relaxed her face and sat up. "Thanks for the concern, but I can take care of myself."

He got up. "Okay. Great. I really need to get back, uh, could you take me?"

"Sure."

She laid her hand on his shoulder and he vanished.

Farrah sighed. Oh! Her mind perked. She'd forgotten to talk to Castiel! Maybe he could help her with her anger!

Wait...She paused. Did she want help?