Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Farrah watched the scene change before her and hastily withdrew her hand from Crowley's.

"Where are we?" she asked.

"My place. Completely angel-proof of course, but I heard you weren't affected by that kind of thing."

She shrugged. "Holy water burns."

"Interesting. Well, come along. I've got a lot to show you in very little time."

~

Farrah stopped short when she saw a demon ahead of them.

Crowley saw and smiled. "Oh, them? Don't worry about them."

"The last time I saw a demon, it tried to kill me."

"Firstly, I feel offended that you think of us as 'its'. We are people. And secondly, have you forgotten who you're talking to? I don't believe I've tried to kill you."

"Right. Sorry."

He led her through the unusually normal mansion to a room with double doors. "You do sleep, don't you?"

"Yes."

"Then consider this off limits for everyone but yourself."

He opened the doors and Farrah stepped inside. It was a huge bedroom, complete with a four-poster bed and cozy warmth that strangely reminded her of home.

Crowley stayed outside. "Angel and demon proof, so only you and humans can get inside."

"Very nice." She smiled.

"It's late, and I hear you've not had a good rest so far. We start as soon as you wake up."

He closed the doors, which swung outward, and left.

Immediately Farrah pulled her phone out and called Sam. "Hey, where are you?"

"Crowley's house, if you can call it that."

"Turn on the GPS, that way if something happens we can come get you."

"Nothing's going to happen. I actually have a safe room of my own here. Crowley demon and angel-proofed it."

"And you're inside? What if you can't leave?"

She opened the window and leaned her face out. "I can." The breeze blew on her face and she smiled. "I'm okay, Sam. I'll be home in a couple days. If I'm not, you can come."

"GPS, alright?"

"Sure thing. First though, you have to promise me you won't use that to come looking for me before it's time."

He sighed and hesitated. Farrah waited. As she watched the clouds, dark in the moonlight, roll across the sky, she heard quiet bickering on the other end of the line.

"Alright," said Dean. "You have forty-eight hours."

"Okay. See you then." She hung up and turned back to the rest of the bedroom. The walls, spread out twenty feet into a square, were painted a dark blue, but you could hardly tell with all the symbols painted on them. The floor was just a giant demon's trap. The bed sat across from the doors in the middle of the wall that it was pressed against. The sheets and quilt matched the color of the walls, and Farrah felt herself drifting off before the comforter was even over her.

~

Farrah felt a presence near her and jolted. Crowley stood at the open door. "It's late in the morning. You really can sleep."

She sat up and shrugged. Slipping out of the bed, she pulled her shoes on and ran her fingers through her hair. She had showered before going to sleep the night before, so wasn't too disgruntled about not getting one.

"Yep." She rubbed her shoulders as she stepped outside the safety of the room. "What are we doing first?"

"Hell."

Her eyes widened. "I know Sam and Dean's stories; I'm not going there."

"Quit being a child. We're seeing the demon side, not the dead humans."

She gulped. That made it a little better, but not much. She could still hear Dean and Sam screaming, see the things that demons did to them, for fun. That's what got her. They might seem like decent folk, but then they...then they torture people for fun.

Crowley took her hand. "Stay by me. The demons down there aren't nearly as kind as me."

She believed him. After all the stories about Crowley, not being able to trust him, not being able to even look at him without feeling hatred surge within them, she was starting to...like him. He hadn't done anything to her, why would she not?