Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Farrah meandered slowly down the side of a road with no destination in mind.

Her arms crossed over her chest, she sighed and stopped. Her toe dragged in the dirt. "Hey, if you're listening, Castiel, I'd like to talk to you."

Hearing wings flapping, she looked up. Seeing his face made her anger melt away and her eyes fill with tears. She connected her hands behind his back, holding him as tight as she could.

"I...do not understand. What am I supposed to do?"

"Hug me back. Please."

He did as she asked, confused. "What is the matter?"

She didn't know whether to tell him the truth and seem like a vulnerable child or lie and...well she didn't know what she'd seem like then.

"I didn't think you'd listen."

He looked down and felt compassion for her. She was, after all, such a young girl, and had so much happen to her already. He moved to cup the back of her head with his hand. "I am always listening for you."

She sighed and stepped away, wiping her eyes. "Well, Dean is my dad. That's why he asked you to go, so he could tell me."

He nodded. "Then you are a lycan."

"Yeah."

Looking around, he asked, "Why are we on the side of a road?"

"You can't come to my room at Crowley's, which is where I was, and I wasn't about to go back to Dean."

"You are angry with him."

"Yeah. A lot."

"Why?"

She shrugged and started walking. "He lied to me, made Sam lie to me."

"They lie often."

"Yeah, but...Cas, he's my dad! I think I had a right to be told that straight up!"

"Yes, you did. Did you ask him why he lied to you?"

"He's Dean," she sneered. "I've seen how he acts toward kids; he would hate to actually have to step up and be a father. He sluffed me off to Sam because Sam is more mature and ready to handle a kid."

Her venomous tone made Cas put a bit of space between them. "I think you are wrong. Talk to him."

He laid his hand on her shoulder and vanished in a flutter of wings.

Farrah sighed. Talk to him? Dean? Her father? No. She wouldn't talk to him. She decided instead of talking, why shouldn't she just go shout at him? Show him how she felt.