Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Dean laid down for his four hours, falling asleep almost instantly.

He pulled up to Plucky Pennywhistle's and turned the car off.

Inside was Sam, the whole reason he was there. He'd left him; the job was too dangerous for his six-year-old brother.

Dean walked inside and scoured the surroundings, grimacing at the giant clown in the entrance.

Almost immediately he spotted Sam. He was the only kid sitting at a table alone, and the only one with shaggy brown hair. He was bored and upset, but Dean didn't notice. As he walked up, Sam didn't look up.

"Hey." Dean laid his hand on his brother's shoulder and Sam looked up in surprise. His hand went to his pocket, but the knife never made it out.

The biggest smile grew on his face as he jumped to his feet and threw his arms around his big brother. "Dean! Finally! I thought you'd never come back!" After a moment, he asked, "Where's Dad?"

Dean didn't falter, though disappointed himself. He'd learned better though; why did he ever expect his dad to change?

"He's back at the motel. C'mon, let's go, Sammy."

As they climbed into the Impala, Sam said, "I love you, Dean."

Dean smiled. No one but Sammy ever said that to him anymore. "Yeah, kid. I love you too."

Dean opened his eyes and rubbed his face with a low growl. Sam hated him, Farrah hated him, Bobby and Cas were at least mad at him; he didn't know who was left for him to even talk to, let alone call when he needed help.

"Hi, Dean."

He shot up and grabbed his knife under his pillow, pointing it directly at the voice.

"Calm down. I know we're not on the best of terms, but still." He turned the light on and blinked a few times.

"Farrah?"

She smiled, but it was forced. "Who else could break into your room without opening the door?"

"What are you doing here?" He tossed the knife down and swung his legs off the bed.

"I came to talk."

"About what?"

"I know Sam left. It's my fault, and I don't know why. Unless we make up, they're going to turn on each other, and only one will even still like me."

"Whoa, hold up. Start from the beginning."

~

Dean watched Farrah as she knotted her hands and tried to talk calmly.

"Just swear that you won't lie to me again, and I'll forgive you."

"Really?"

"Yeah." She nodded slowly.

"Then I promise I won't lie to you again."

She met his eyes and smiled upon seeing sincerity in them. "Thank you." She stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"To Bobby's. Wanna come with? I'll get you back by tonight."

"Sure. Just warn-" he cut off as she laid her hand on his arm and flew off. "Me! Dang it, Far!"

She laughed. "I had to have a little bit of fun."

"Have I missed something?" Bobby asked.

Farrah said, "I went to talk to him. I've forgiven him, and he's promised not to lie to me again. So, we done being mad at each other?"

Cas smiled and started to talk, but he was cut off by a simple, "Hello, boys."