4) Bittersweet

Dallon's POV

I can't believe that I'm going to talk to Ryan about going on tour with Brendon.  I thought I was never going to hear Brendon's voice again let alone see him every day. I didn't mind not having to see him ever again. I got use to that, I don't even know what I would say to him. I can't believe he even asked me to join him. I left Brendon on such bad terms that I thought he would never even attempt to contact me. I don't even know how he is. Has he been taking care of himself after the breakup. I know when he's sad he forgets to eat and drinks too much. I can worry more tomorrow but for now I need to go to bed. I can't worry about Brendon if I'm not taking care of myself.

I wake up the next morning at 9 am. After getting myself ready for the day and I text Ryan to come over. As I wait for him to arrive I decide to look at what Brendon has been up to recently. I go on to YouTube first and listen to some of his new music. It's really good but definitely not the same style from when I was helping him write. I move on to watching a few interviews. They start of pretty normal until I start to realize somethings. In half of the interviews Brendon is clearly hungover and some of them he is even drunk or high. The Brendon I knew would never do stupid shit like that. I got so sucked into my laptop that I almost didn't hear Ryan come in.

"Hey Dal, what's up." Ryan says walking over to the couch.

"So you know how last night I got a call. Well it was Brendon Urie from Panic! At the Disco." I explain while closing my laptop and putting it away.

"Oh yeah, you two used to be good friends right? How is he?" Ryan asks.

"Uh yeah good friends you could put it that way. I don't really know how he's doing we didn't talk for long but he asked me if we want to open for his next tour. Of course I told him I would have to talk to you first." I explain kinda hoping Ryan won't ask any more questions about Brendon. I don't really talk much about me and Brendon's relationship.

"Man that sound awesome! I'm sure your excited to get to be on tour with an old friend again. I'm down if you're down." Ryan sounds so excited. I was hoping he would want to take a break to work on music instead of jumping right back on tour.

"Yeah, So you want to do this?" I ask giving him one more chance to say no.

"Of course. Call him up and tell him." Ryan has a giant smile on his face.

I grab my phone and look for Brendon's contact. I take a deep breath then hit call.  He picks up almost immediately almost like he knew I was going to call.

"Hey Dallon did you talk to Ryan?"  He sounds tired like he didn't sleep all night.

"Yeah, I did and he agreed to go on tour."  I say flashing Ryan a small smile.  He looks like a little kid who was just told he could buy any toy he wants. He gives me two thumbs up.

"Really!  That's amazing!  Thank you Dallon your a life saver.  I'm so excited."  Brendon's voice immediately perked up.  He sounds like the Brendon that I remember, that I fell in love with.

"Yeah, me and Ryan are excited too.  Can you text me all the details?"  I ask trying to end the conversation.

"Of course man. I'll see you soon I guess."

"Yeah, see you soon." I hang up dreading seeing Brendon again.  I try to hide my dread as I smile and walk over to Ryan.

"Are you ok Dal?" Ryan can always tell when I'm upset.

"Just tired." I lie. "Want to stay a while, watch some Netflix or something?"

"Sure."  He says with a concerned look.  As I'm about to sit Ryan opens up his arms and I curl up next to him. We put on some random movie and I just cuddle close to Ryan. He truly is the best friend you could ask for.