39) Falling

Dallon's POV

"Just because he did that doesn't mean I'm not pissed anymore." I tell Ryan.  His face shows that he clearly doesn't believe me.  "I mean it.  He messed up bad and I'm still pissed."

"How come you never do stuff like that for me?" Patrick asks Pete.

"You want me to get up in front of thousands of people with you and slap your ass." Pete says.

"Well... no, not when you say it like that."  Patrick complains and Pete just laughs. As I wait for Brendon's set to end I look up Awsten's band. He seems like an amazing musician and I really like his music. Before I know it Brendon walks into the room all sweaty. He kisses me on the top of my head as he walks by to get changed.

"I'm still pissed." I tell him.

"No he's not." Pete laughs. I role my eyes and laugh a little.  Brendon changes quickly than sits down besides me.  He wraps his arm around my shoulders and holds me tightly. 

"You want to come with me to talk to a friend?" I ask Brendon.  He nods his head yes and we both stand up.  We begin to head towards the door before a question stops us.

"Patrick, your wings?" Ryan's voice rings with terror.  We both quickly turn our heads around to Patrick's direction.  Patrick's wings are out stretched and glowing.  They're a blinding light that hurts to directly look at.  Patrick looks back and forth at each wing, his eyes full of fear. 

"Pete, what's happening?  I can't put them away." Patrick cries out.  Slowly the edges of his wings start to fade.  They fade into black and start to crumble.  Patrick starts to scream in pain.

"Patrick!" Pete screams through his own tears. 

"What the fuck is happening to him?" Brendon yells.  Nobody answers his question.  We all just stare at Patrick as more of his wings crumble.  Patrick continues screaming in agony as we watch.  He falls to his knees, half of his wings are gone. 

"Ryan, Pete fucking do something." I cry out.

"There's nothing to do." Ryan's voice is cold and emotionless. "He's falling."

The last of Patrick's wings turn to dust and he falls silent.  His head falls and his body goes limp.  Pete runs up to him and grabs on to him tightly. He whispers sweet words into Patrick's ear as he cries.  Patrick's limo body lays in Pete's arms without moving.  Nobody speaks except for the whispers from Pete. Nobody moves except for Pete's comforting hand running through Patrick's hair.  Slowly tears start to flood down my cheeks.  Silent cries leave my lips.  Suddenly Brendon clings on to my side bawling his eyes out.  I wrap my arms around him tightly, holding on tighter than I ever thought I could.  Pete gets up holding Patrick in his arms.  He places him on the couch and kneels down besides him.  He places a kiss on his forehead before getting up.  He walks over to Ryan and whispers something in his ear before disappearing. 

"What's happening Ryan?" I ask.  "And don't sugar coat it."

Ryan takes a deep breath in before speaking.  "Pete went up to heaven to go talk to some other angels.  He wants to find out the best way to help Patrick."

"You said he fell, so what does that mean?"

"He's no longer an angel." He plainly says. 

"So what is he?"

"Human."  Silence falls over the room.  He said human almost like it's an insult to Patrick.  Like it's some kind of gross slur.  Almost disgusted in it.  Brendons cry's grew quiet but he still hung on to my side.

My chest muffled his words.  "This is all my fault."  I rub his back to try and comfort him. 

"What do you mean he's human?  How could he just be human?" I continue to interrogate him.

"I don't know, I just know he's not an angel anymore.  See an angel can feel when another one is around. Once his wings were gone the feeling lessened and when Pete left it was gone completely." He explains. 

"So will he wake up?" Brendon quietly asks.

"I'm not sure, Pete's doing everything he can to try and help him." Ryan smiles lightly. "Everything is going to be okay B." Brendon just slightly nods before burying his head back into my side. 

"Let's just sit down Bren." I whisper to him and we sit down on a chair together.  He hold onto me tightly.  "We can watch Patrick, go and help Pete." I tell Ryan.  He nods and with that he's gone.  We are supposed to be leaving the venue and be on the road in a little over an hour.  I don't know how that's going to work.  Bren's tears stopped and they left him tired.  He falls a sleep in my arms as we sit there.  After about a half hour Zach comes in and let's me know we need to be on the bus in about 30 minutes.  Time passes quickly and before I know it Zach is back in the room letting me know we were supposed to be on the bus ten minutes ago.  I tell him we will be there in five.  He leaves the room and as soon as he's out of sight Ryan and Pete show up.

"So did you find anything useful?" I ask immediately. 

"No sorry." Pete says devastated. 

"Help me bring him to the bus and then you two can keep looking.  Meet up again at the next venue." I say and they agree.  Pete picks on Patrick.  I don't want to wake up Brendon so I carry him.  We make out way to the bus when we get there Pete places Patrick in a bunk.  I lay Brendon in one as well then the rest of us step outside. 

"I'll keep a close eye on both of them so you two can focus on finding something to help Patrick." I tell them.  I give them both a hug before they both disappear.  I get back up on the bus and we start moving.