19) Cluster Hug

Brendon's POV

When Ryan comes back without Dallon I start to get worried. Did I do something wrong, should I have not yelled at Josh? Did I fuck everything up again? Why can't I do anything right?

"Is he okay? Should I go in and talk to him?" I frantically ask Ryan.

"He will be fine just give him a minute to breath." Ryan reassures me.

"Is it my fault, did I do something wrong?"

"No no, you did nothing wrong don't worry. Your a good guy Brendon." He says with a smile and placing a hand on my shoulder. I sigh and try to relax a bit. As I relax a waiter comes over with our food.

"Thank you." Patrick politely says to the waiter.  The food looks amazing and I really want Dallon to be back here. 

"I'm going to go check up on Dally."  I say starting to stand up.  I look at the others at the table and they're all giving me a look.  The look is telling me to stay here.  "Ok if you know what I said that fucked shit up then please tell me now."

"You didn't do anything I just think you should give him space to breath." Ryan says and Patrick shakes his head in agreement. "But if you want to go check up on him nobody will stop you."

I contemplated my chooses and I feel a need to go check up on him.  I also don't want to make things worse and knowing me I would fuck things up even more.  I sit back down in my seat, and I look down at my food.  The others start having a conversation that I'm not interested in.  I can't stop thinking about Dally, I just want him to be okay.  I lost my appetite so I run my fork over my food.  After about five minutes of playing with my food I hear the seat next to me moving.  I look up and see Dallon sitting down.  His eyes are red and puffy and cheeks are still tear stained.  He is sniffling a bit and it's clear that he's been crying heavily.

"The food looks good."  He says diverting the attention away from him. 

"Yeah it's great." Pete says.  I want to just move on but I can't, Dally looks so sad and I just want to fix it.  The rest of the evening is full of small talk and fewer laughter than before.  Dallon barley speaks and almost never looks in my direction.  He never directly talks to me and he seems cold and distant.  Did I scare him when I yelled?  Does he think I'm going to yell at him like that?  I wouldn't.  I feel absolutely horrible.  When we all finish eating and are ready to leave we figure out how everyone is getting home.  Everyone has had a bit to drink and even if none of us are drunk we don't want to risk it.  Well everyone had something to drink other than me, Dally still refuses to let me have one sip of alcohol.  Pete, Patrick and Ryan all say they will take an Uber home.  Dally of course offers them a ride home but they declined.  Patrick and Pete don't actually need a ride home but it's odd how they agreed to take the same Uber as Ryan.  They said that they all lived in the same neighborhood. 

In the car Dally silently sits staring out the window.  It's an awkward silence that fills the space of the car.  The only noise is the low hum of the radio. 

"Hey Dally are you alright?"  I ask cautiously. 

"I'm fine." He plainly states.  I know he's lying and I just want to make him feel better.

"I know you're not fine.  You are clearly upset at something and I want to help fix it." I say glancing over at him.  He is still blankly staring out the window.

"You can't fix it Bren.  It's not something that can just be fixed."  He raises his voice.

"Well talking to me might help you feel better.  Talking usually helps me when I'm feeling down."  I try and keep a leveled voice.

"I don't want to talk to you and drugs make you feel better not talking.  When your upset you stuff yourself with poison, you never let anyone know how you really feel.  So don't shove that bullshit into my face."  He yells and then the car falls silent.  I don't know what to say to that because he's not wrong.  I stoped talking to people about my feelings after Dally left.  After a few minutes I hear Dallon mumble a sorry under his breath. 

"It's fine you don't need to talk to me if you don't want to."  I sigh.

"Could you drop me off at my house.  I really just want to sleep in my own bed." He slouches down in the seat.  I nod my head and he gives me his address.  I'm a bit disappointed that he's going home, I liked not being alone.  Dallon lives about a half hour away from me so it's not that bad of a drive.  When we arrive at his house he simply says bye and walks into his house. 

On the way home I don't have the radio on and I leave myself with my thoughts.  The whole drive I couldn't stop think about what I did wrong.  I just can't figure out the exact thing I said that could make Dally this pissed off.  I really thought I was doing something right this time but instead I just fucked it up yet again.  I stop at a liquor store near my house to restock.  Dalpal got rid of all my alcohol so I need to buy a lot.  I get some vodka,whiskey, gin, good old beer and a few other things.  I also pick up some weed.  The only good part of Dallon not being at my house, I get to drink and smoke.

When I get home my plan is to watch some TV, drink a bit and smoke a bit.  I don't want to over do it or anything.  As usually though my night doesn't go as planned.  I'm not carful and I drink way too much, I end up getting crossed.  I'm stumbling around my house to get another shot of whiskey when I hear my door bell ring.  Without thinking twice I stumble over to the door.  When I open the door I see a beautiful face.

"Daldo!"  I yell throwing my arms around him.

"Oh god Brendon are you drunk.  Jesus Christ, I can't leave you alone for a few hours." He walks in and helps me over to the couch.  "I was coming over to apologize, I figured you would still be up but I didn't think you would be drunk."

"I'm fine Dalpal don't worry."  I slur my words.

"Your going to bed right now." He demands and starts leading me to the guest bedroom. 

"Your not my dad.  I mean you can be if you let me call you daddy. Haha I'm funny. Dalddy.  No wait that's weird.  Hey wait my room is upstairs."  My thoughts are all over the place.

"I don't trust you going up stairs right now and that is weird please don't say that ever again." He drops me onto the bed gesturing for me to lay down.  I lay down and he pulls the blankets over me. 

"Thank you Dal." I say and I reach my hands up for a hug.  He sighs and then pulls me into a tight hug.  "I love you Dallon, your the best person in the world."  He pulls away and gives me a smile.

"Go to bed Breadbin." He says then walks over to the door before he turns the lights off and walks out he looks back at me.  "I love you too Brendon." He turns the lights off and closes the door.