25) Ode to Sleep

Dallon's POV

I quickly swing open the door and I'm greeted by a fedora. "What the fuck how did you know I was here?" I ask Patrick in my confused state.

"Hey Dallon can I come in?" His voice sounds cold and distant. It's off putting hearing him like this. I move out of the way and he cautiously walks in. He looks around making sure nobody else is here then goes to sit on the edge of the bed.

"What's wrong Patrick? You look terrified." I sit down next to him and give him a concerned look.

"That's because I am terrified." He says staring straight at the wall. He quickly turns towards me and grabs my shoulder tight. "You can't tell anyone that I came to see you. Please Dallon, not Ryan, not Brendon, not even Pete. Do you understand?" He talks quickly and he's starting to scare me a bit.

"Okay I won't tell anyone but please tell me what's going on." I'm starting to feel a bit panicked.

"I just don't think I can do this job anymore, it's too much to handle. With you and Brendon on the line and I barely know Brendon, I just can't. But I can't just quit because that's just not a thing we can do we either stick to our assignment or we fall." He starts frantically speaking nonsense. I'm so lost in his story it's as if he's speaking in some type of code.

"Slow down, I'm completely lost. What job? What do you mean by 'me and Brendon on the line'? And what the hell do you mean by we and we fall?" I interrupt his panic and he looks at me completely confused.

"You mean nobody has filled you in yet. Do you truly not know what I'm talking about." He looks completely shocked.

"Everyone has been lying and keeping secrets so if you would like to fill me in on what the hell is going that would be great." I say.

"Oh boy, I'll give you a quick recap. Okay so guardian angels are a real thing..." He starts to explain. I'm completely speechless by the time he finishes. We sit in silence for what feels like forever but was probably only a minute.

"So let me get this straight, you are Brendon's angel, Ryan is mine which he never told me that, and Pete is also an angel. Ryan told you a whole bunch of scary information so you ran away like a middle schooler hiding from a test. Nobody has seen you for a month until now when you decided to show up at my hotel room freaking out." I can't believe the words coming out of my mouth right now. I honestly feel like I'm in a dream. I feel like at any moment I will wake up in my own bed and everything can go back to normal. I'll wake up and Brendon never asks me to go on tour with him and everything is fine between me and Ryan. I close my eyes hoping to see my bedroom when they open again. Sadly I'm still in a crappy hotel room.

"Well when you put it that way it sounds kinda dumb." He sighs. "I just don't know what to do, I'm so scared I'll screw things up."

"None of this sounds real to me Patrick." I say in disbelief.

"Well it is so can you please help me." He whines a bit.

"Okay, Okay. I think you should go home to Pete. He's probably a mess worrying about you right now. He needs to know that you are alright." I say sincerely.

"I just can't yet. He's going to be so happy to see me at first and then he's going to give me that disappointed look which I hate. He's going to want answers that I don't have yet. Answer like what am I going to do to help Brendon because I know he's also a mess right now. Oh god I screwed everything up didn't I?" He starts to panic again.