17) Love at First Sight

Brendon's POV

Dallon makes the best foods, he's such a dad. He made eggs, bacon and pancakes and it's all so fucking amazing. I don't understand how he does it and god did I miss this. Sitting at breakfast together laughing and having a good time. I just feel like nothing can touch me, nothing can go wrong. I'm on the top of the fucking world. And today is going to be amazing because it's just going to be me and Dally, we are going shopping right after eating to get real food. I normally hate any kind of shopping and avoid it at all costs but I think Dal will make it fun. We both finish up eating and clean off the our plates.

"Hey Breadbin you almost ready in there?" Dal asks through my bedroom door.

"Uh yeah I just can't figure out what to wear." I yell back looking through my closet. I had an outfit on that I really like but I took it off. Now I'm standing butt naked just staring at my clothes.

"We aren't going to a five star restaurant, we are going to shoprite." I hear him sigh. "Let me help you pick something out." I hear the door open and before I have time to react Dallon is in my room looking at my bare ass. My face goes a deep red.

"Dal I know I have a great body but I don't think you meant to see it right now." I say with a nervous laugh. I don't want to turn around and flash Dal even more.

"N-nope sorry I wasn't expecting you to be completely naked. But I mean it's not the first time I've seen you like this. Anyway I want to get shopping so I'm still going to pick out an outfit for you." To my surprise Dallon walks up to my closet and stands next to me. I quickly cover up my junk with my hands. Dal does a pretty good at not looking but I catch him taking a few quick glances. Dal picks out an outfit and I can tell he's impressed with himself. He lays it out on my bed and steps back. I take a look and shake my head.

"Daldo your fashion sense is horrible."

"You are wearing it and you better be downstairs in five minutes." He says walking out of the room. I laugh and put on a black t-shirt and black skinny jeans instead of what Dal picked out. 

Dal drove my car to the shop.  I don't know if it was really a great idea to bring me to a store.  I start to throw random shit into the cart.  I chuck some fruit snacks, chips and cookies.

"Bren the whole point of this trip was to get real food not junk food." Dal complains putting back some of the snacks. 

"Buzz kill." I mumble under my breath.  I continue walking through the isles picking out some real food for meals.  "What do you want for dinner tonight?"

"We should go out to eat with everyone." 

"What do you mean everyone? Like Ryan?"  I don't really have any other friends so I don't know who I would invite.

"Yeah, and like Pete, Patrick and anyone else you want to come."  He gives me a big smile.  "It's just an idea we can do whatever."

"It's a great idea." I quickly realize that I have no way to actually contact Patrick.  I can't just text him.  Do angles have phones?  How do they talk to each other?

When we get home I try and think of how to get Patrick's attention. I think maybe praying to him might do something. It's a pretty stupid idea but hey it might work. I rush up to my room so Dallon won't see me praising. Dal knows I'm not religious so it would be weird if he saw me randomly praying. I kinda forgot how to properly pray but I do my best. I kneel down on the side of my bed.

"Hey there Patrick, uh I don't know if you can hear me but if you can you and Pete are invited to dinner tonight. We are going out so don't dress like a slob. Well if u get this uh message be at my house around 6:30." I feel ridiculous. Am I really praying to an angel right now? How is this me being not high as fuck?

As I walk back downstairs I see Dal relaxing on the couch. I plop down next to him. He's watching doctor who. I never really understood the hype behind that show, it's confusing and odd. Dal must see something I don't. To no surprise the show looses my interest. I look over to Dally who is watching very closely as to not miss one second. Man, Dallon's face is perfect. Everything about him is just perfect, if I didn't know better I would say that he's the angel. His lips are just a beautiful pink and his eyes are so easy to get lost in with their ocean blue. I get lost in Dal's perfection, I don't realize that the show ended and Dally realized my stare.

"Uh Breadbin you good there?" His question snaps me out of my trance.

"Oh yeah just was staring into space." I nervously spit out. Dallon's face says that he doesn't believe me but he just nods his head.

"Do you know if Patrick and Pete are coming?" He quickly changes the topic.

"Uh they never answer my Uh text but I told them to be here around 6:30 so we will know by then. What time is it now?"

"It's nearly 6:30, it's 6:15." He gives me a look. "Do you want to call them again?"

I panic, how do I get myself out of this. I can't just be like well Dallon my friends are angels so I can't just call them. He would think I'm high or something. "Uh they will probably be here soon." I say trying to not sound worried. Time passes and it's nearing 6:30, I start to get nervous. I can tell that Dallon is getting uncomfortable with them not being here.

"Maybe they forgot." Dallon says slightly irritated.

"No no they will be here any minute. There might have been traffic." I quickly say and Dal sighs. We wait around for about 15 minutes after 6:30 when there is a knock on the door. I get up and answer. I see the familiar black fedora and relax a bit.

"So sorry we are late." Patrick quickly spits out. "We got distracted on the way here."

"I don't even want to know what 'distracted' means but I'm glad your here now."