40) Drown

Brendon's POV

"Brendon do you realize now this isn't a joke?" Ciera asks me.  We are standing in a forest and it's a bright sunny day.  Ciera stands directly in front of me and speaks in her cold emotionless voice.  "Actions have consequences and this is yours."

"Where are we?" I look around the forest that seems to stretch forever.  I turn away from her and start walking away.

"You should know this place Brendon." She follows me.  I just nod my head as I keep walking.  We reach a dirt path and I follow it.  We walk down the path in silence for a while.  "Consequences Brendon." She breaks the silence.

"Will Patrick be okay?" It's the first time I actually look at her. 

"That depends Brendon." She says after a moment.

"Depends on what?"  She doesn't answer my question.  We go back to silently walking.  "Fine then why did Patrick fall?"

"He was defiant."

"He was helping me!" I yell.

"What you might see as helping is seen as defiant when it comes to the rules."  She coldly explains.

"He ran away because he was afraid.  Everyone gets scared sometimes."  I try to reason with her even though I know it won't work.  "Maybe you can't see that because your a heartless bitch." I mumble under my breath.

"Heartless and realistic are two different things." She tells me.  My anger against her starts to build up again.  I'm about to scream at her again but I'm stopped when I suddenly wake up.  I jolt up and hit my head on the bunk above me.  I mumble out some curses under my breath as I rub my head.  I pull the curtain back and hop down from the bed.  I'm not sure when I got on the bus but I assume it was Dallon who brought me here.  I check the time on my phone and see it's the early morning.  It's 6:30 and the sun is starting to rise.  I walk into the hang out part of the bus where there is a fridge.  I grab a carton of blueberries and sit down on the couch.  I scroll through my phone as I eat.  I sit around for about 30 minutes before Dallon sits down next to me.

"Are you okay?"  He asks as he raps my arm around me.

"I'm better than Patrick right now."  I give him a small smile.  "Blueberries?"  I hold the carton out in his direction.  He turns them down and kisses me on the cheek. 

"But really how are you?" He asks genuinely.

"I've been better but I've also been worse.  I'm just worried about Patrick." I tell him.  I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes.  "I had another dream."

"What was it this time?" He rubs my arm to comfort me.

"I was in the woods with her and we were talking.  She told me that what happened to Patrick was a consequence.  That he's defiant." I explain to him.  "I think she was trying to tell me it's my fault." I sigh and hold back more tears.  I'm so fucking sick of crying.  Crying takes so much out of me, it makes me want to sleep for the rest of the day. 

"It's not your fault B."  He whispers. 

"If it's not my fault then it Patrick's fault and I'm not okay with thinking that." I say quietly.  "I'm not okay with that." My voice fades.