36) High Hopes

Ryan's POV

I feel like I have the smallest role in the story that is playing out before me.  I can't seem to help with anything.  No matter what I say or do things still go to shit.  Yet some how I still need to clean up the mess.  I get it it's my job and Dal is my friend but sometimes I get sick of cleaning up after Brendon.  I'm not his angel and neither is Pete, we shouldn't have to look after him the way we do.  Brendon is a dumb ass but we still love him anyway.  That's why I'm looking everywhere for Pete and Patrick.  I've already checked their apartments and it looked like they haven't been there for a while.  Not only was it a mess, it also just looked empty.  I can't put my finger on it but I just know it's been awhile since they've been home. I double check around tonight's venue but there's no sign of either of them. God damn it. I check hotels around the venue but still nothing.  I haven't even gotten that feeling of being close to an angel.  Maybe they aren't anywhere near the venue.

I try to think of spots that might seem important to Patrick.  I check Brendon's house and the restaurant we went to, what now feels like ages ago.  No sign of them but I can feel that they are closer than before.  There's a small coffee shop that for some reason I have a weird feeling to go into.  I've never been here before but as soon as I walk in I know they are here.  I scan over the people until I find a table in the back where I see a familiar fedora.  I rush over to them and pull up a seat without a word. Their conversation stops as they look at me.

"Hey." Patrick breaks the silence. 

"What's going through your head buddy?"  I ask.  He stays silent for a moment and just looks at the table.

"I'm scared.  Everything Brendon told me scares me so much.  I just wish I had an easy assignment, a kid that has an easy life.  Someone that I would barely have to interfere with.  I'm so scared."  He sighs.  Pete takes his hands that have been fidgeting this whole time. 

"I think we are all scared Patrick.  I'm scared and I'm not even on Ciera's radar.  Dallon is scared but so is Brendon.  I've known Brendon for quiet awhile, I've kept an eye on him when he had no angel.  He's an absolute dick sometimes but he's a good guy.  But he's terrified.   He's scared all the time even though he hides it.  He's scared of loosing Dallon again, he's scared of loosing all his fans and not being able to play music anymore, but he's mostly scared of messing things up with you.  He scared of saying the wrong thing or not saying something and you fly off again.  You aren't just his angel your his friend.  And that man will do anything for the ones he loves."  I hope my words are enough to help Patrick.   He looks up at me and smiles. 

"Thank you Ryan, but what if I mess up again?  I don't think I'll be aloud to mess up again."  He mumbles. 

"You won't." Pete answers.  "You have all of us here to help you."

"Okay." Patrick says standing up.  "Let's get back to the venue."

Pete walks over to Patrick and gives him a kiss.  "I love you.  You are so strong."  Patrick smiles then pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you so much." Patrick says before pulling away.  Suddenly we are back standing in my dressing room at the venue.  Brendon and Dallon are sitting there staring at us. 

"That is something I will never get used to." Dallon says looking dumbfounded.  I chuckle a little.  Brendon stands up and walks over to us.

"Patrick I am so sorry." Brendon says but Patrick cuts him off.

"Brendon your only human, you will make mistakes.  I should be better.  I'm sorry I left you multiple times but especially now.  I should've stayed and made sure you were all right." Patrick apologies. 

"And I'm sorry I yelled at you.  I was scared and took it out on you and that's extremely wrong.  I'm sorry." Pete says sincerely.  Brendon pulls both of them into a tight hug.  No words are spoken, the room is filled with a comfortable silence.  There is a sudden knock on the door and a voice calls from behind it.  "Your on in 10."

I look at what I'm wearing and what Dallon is wearing and neither of us are ready to go out in front of thousand of people.  Shit.  We both hurry up and put on our stage clothes as I hear the other three talking.  I'm in too much of a hurry to listen so I don't catch anything that they say. 

"On it five." The voice calls again.

"Are you ready Dal?"  I ask.  He nods before turning his attention to Brendon.

"Are you okay?" He asks. 

"Yeah, I'll be find but you won't be if you don't get out there." Brendon smiles.

Dallon leads down and kisses Brendon.  "Love you." He says before rushing out of the room.  I quickly follow behind him.  We luckily get on stage on time.  I look over at Dallon and he looks at me.  We give each other a smile before the song starts.

"Oh, come and see the opening band" Dallon sings.

A/N
Thank you all for 4K reads!!!  Love all Of you!!