21) Sugar We're Going Down

Patrick's POV

Dallon and Brendon leave the restaurant in the same car.  Pete, Ryan and I are all waiting in front for our "Uber".  Pete and I both know that we aren't really getting an Uber.  There is this feeling you get when one angel is by another one on earth.  Of course I had that feeling because I was next to Pete but when Ryan walk into the room that feeling doubled.  And the way that Ryan comforts Dallon makes me think even more that he is Dal's guardian angel. 

I look over at Pete and give him a look.  I don't really want to be the one to bring it up.  I nod my head in Ryan's direction hoping only Pete  notices.  Ryan is scrolling through his phone not noticing a thing. 

"What do you want me to say?"  Pete whispers in my ear. 

"I don't know just don't be to obvious." I quickly whisper back.  Suddenly Pete is staring at Ryan.  "What?" I whisper.  Pete shoves me a bit and I quickly look over at Ryan who is giving us a confused look.

"You two should share your secrets or get a room." He cracks himself up.  "But seriously do you to want some alone time to uh have some fun."

"Oh shut up you sound like Brendon."  Pete laughs nudging Ryan.

"Oh god then I really should shut up.  No offense Brendon." He smiles.  "So really what were you whispering about."

"We think you are Dallon's guardian angel." Pete simply states and I quickly elbow him in the side.

"I told you not so be so blunt about it." I scold him.

Ryan starts cracking up again.  He starts laughing so much I think he might pass out from lack of oxygen. 

"See what you did." I angrily scold Pete.

"This isn't my fault, I was just listening to you, you said he was an angel.  This is all you." Pete shifts the blame.

"I'll answer your question if you answer a question for me."  He says with a devious smile.

"What's the question?" I cautiously ask.

"Ok tell me the truth. Are you two like a thing because if you aren't dating already you should."  He questions.  "And don't just say you're 'best friends'."

I look over at Pete with a concerned look.  We are best friends but we are also more than just best friends.  We never really told anyone and I barely even know Ryan.  I mean obviously he's a good guy but it still scares me.  Are we really that obvious though, I thought we were doing good at hiding it.  Pete gives me a look asking if it's okay to say it.  I know that if I say no then Pete will lie for me but then we might not get the answered we want from Ryan.  I nod my head yes slightly giving Pete permission to admit our relationship for the first time.

"You caught us, I really thought we hid it well." Pete laughs nervously.

"I knew it!  You guys were giving each other heart eyes all night." He smiles again but it quickly fades as he realizes how nervous we are.  "Oh don't worry your secret is safe with me." I relax as he says that and thank him.

It's not against the rules to be a gay angel but it's not super excepted yet.  There are still many angels who believe that it is wrong and we don't want our love to be tainted by their negativity. 

"So now answer our question.  Are you Dallon's angel?"  I ask.

"Yeah I am.  I wasn't his original angel I was assigned to him about ten years ago.  I assume that one of you is Brendon's new angel." He smiles happily.  

I raise my hand "That would be me.  So you were assigned to Dallon later in his life a well?"

"Yes, but it was a very different situation than yours.  Dallon's angel before me was my mother and she aloud me to be his angel once I was old enough.  I always had a special interest in Dallon, he always had potential in my eyes and I didn't want that to go to waist.  So I've know Dallon for his entire life and we quickly became best friends.  We originally had a band together but then he moved on to panic! and our friendship slowed down a bit but I always made sure he was doing okay.  I never wanted to interfere with his and Brendon's relationship because I can tell they are meant for each other, but then they broke up and it broke Dallon." His voice trains off and he pauses.  He stares off for a few seconds before coming back to reality.  "Anyway it must be hard for you becoming Brendon's angel without knowing him at all before."

I nod my head taking in everything he said.  "Yeah, it's definitely hasn't been easy." I nervously laugh.  "But Brendon is a good guy who just needs a little help.  So I say overall I got lucky."

"I mean I can tell your trying your best." He smiles and places his hand on my shoulder.  He looks me directly in the eyes.  His face goes serious.  "Patrick please be carful with Brendon.  I've seen him worse than this and it's not pretty.  He easily can brake.  Believe it or not but when they first broke up I thought Brendon was going to be gone forever.  I tried to help him knowing he had no angel but I couldn't.  He would over dose on drugs almost every night and he attempted suicide 3 times.  All I was able to do was help from the background and the best I could do was get some of his friends to notice he wasn't okay.  Please don't let him get back there again."

I try to soak in every word that he says.  What he says scares me half to death.  His words are like metal boxes sitting on my shoulders eating me down.  I feel like I could pass out, I feel like running away.  I want to help Brendon but this is so much pressure.  I don't know if I'm the right angel, I almost failed Brendon once before.  What will happen to me if I fail next time he feels hopeless?

"Do you understand Patrick?" Ryan asks me.  I slowly nod my head yes.  "Good, I have to go but I'll see you two around."  And with that Ryan is gone.  I slowly turn to look at Pete.  I'm filled with fear and Pete sees the fear in my eyes.  He pulls me into a tight comforting hug.

"Don't worry everything is going to be okay.  Brendon and Dallon are friends again and Brendon wants to live.  Everything is going to be okay." He whispers as he rubs my back.

We say in a tight hug for a while.  I finally pull away and look at Pete in the eyes.  "Thanks Pete." I softly say giving him a little kiss on the lips.  "But I have to go see Brendon real quick." I give him a little smile.

"Okay if I'm asleep by the time you get home wake me up.  I want to make sure you get home safe."

A/N

So I currently have a concussion so I can't really look at screens for a long time.  That's why this chapter took so long and is kinda crap. 

I'm also on vacation in Florida so I don't have much time to write.  I don't know how long the next chapter will take it depends on if my broken brain wants to work.