8) Guardian Angel

A/N
This is a long chapter but I had to many ideas to not make it this long.

Patrick's POV
About one month ago

Today is the day.  The day I finally get assigned a human to watch over.  I graduated my classes as valedictorian and I can't wait to be a real guardian angel. The best part about being a guardian angel is that I get to choose how I help my human. I can just watch from above sending some help every now and then, or I can go to Earth and pretend to be a human just like them. If I go down I can become there best friend or be just a stranger. There are so many options. I wonder if my child was born today or I'll have to wait a few more months. Almost every angel is with there human from birth.

I sit down in the waiting room waiting for my name to be called. My best friend Pete is sitting right next to me and we are both hyped.

"Patrick Stump." One of the saints calls me to their office. I jump up from my seat and speed walk to the door. Before walking in I straighten my glasses and fedora.

"Hello mr. Stump." She says and we shake hands. "Are you excited to get your first assignment?"

"Oh yes very excited." I try to not show my excitement too much.

"It's an exciting thing. So I see you were valedictorian so you won't be getting an easy assignment." She flips through a folding cabinet. She pulls out a file and examines it before handing it to me. I take it and excitedly flip through.

I first see pictures and information on the parents of the child. Boyd and Grace Urie. The next page is usually about the child but instead I see a picture of a man.

"Um, I don't mean to be rude but I think you made a mistake." I timidly say. She gives me a questioning look.

"And why is that?" She asks.

"Well, uh this is an adult. I thought most angles get assigned a baby." I state nervously.

"You're right most angles do. You have a special assignment." She smiles.

"How come he doesn't already have an angel? If you don't mind me asking."

She sighs "Brendon Urie is a special soul. He always has good intentions. He was assigned an angel at birth like every baby but unfortunately there was an problem and the angle disappeared. Unfortunately for Brendon he was already an adult when he lost his angel and it is extremely difficult to find an angel smart enough to be able to help someone without knowing them since birth. So he hasn't had an angel looking over him for a long time. Until now, we all feel you will be able to handle this Patrick. Brendon needs your help more than ever. Now hurry along I have other angels to assign."

I hurry out of the room and down the hall were I meet up with Pete. We tell each other about our humans then go our separate ways.

I spend all night reading up on Brendon to prepare myself for the first day of help. I read everything I can find about him. After that I go to the archives to watch some important parts of his life.  Since there is a lot to go through I choose which memories sound most important. After I feel like I know enough I get some rest.

In the morning I decide to watch over Brendon to see how he normally acts. I am underwhelmed when he doesn't wake up till almost 3 pm. He doesn't just wake up late he wakes up completely hung over. He sits around watching TV until around 9:30 when he goes out to a bar. I'm tired of just sitting around so I decide to go down to Earth and watch Brendon from inside the bar. He takes shot after shot, drinks beer after beer. He gets extremely drunk and I start getting concerned. Brendon stumbles over to were I'm sitting.

"Did you fall from angel because your looking like a heaven. Wait that's not how it goes." His words are slurred and he looks like shit. I still laugh at the irony of his pick up line, if only he knew.

"Nice try drunk guy. Want to start over?" I flash him a friendly smile.

"Hello, I'm Brendon."  He sticks out his hand.

"Patrick Stump." I shake his hand.  He starts laughing out of nowhere and it's hilarious.  He starts to ramble and tell random jokes.  He's constantly cracking himself up.  We talk for hours when he gets up out of nowhere.  He almost falls over but catches his balance. 

"Where are you going?"  I question him.

"Home." He swings around. 

"I'm not letting you drive.  You are way to drunk.  I'll drive you home."  I stand up next to him.

"No way man, I can drive." He starts to walk away and almost falls flat on his ass.  I catch him and start helping him walk.

"Give me your keys and tell me which car is yours." He reluctantly hands over his keys and gets in his car.  In the car he starts rambling again.

"I wish Dallon was here.  I miss Dallon, he was the best person in my life.  To bad I fuck everything up.  Life would be better with him."

Maybe that's how I can help Brendon, I can help him get back the love of his life.  If he was happy maybe he would stop abusing alcohol.  I need to find out who this Dallon is but first I need to get Brendon home and in bed safely.  I look over at Brendon and see him throwing up out the window.  Once he's done he flops back into the seat.

"I feel like fucking shit." He screams.

"Maybe stop getting so drunk." I laugh.

We arrive at Brendon's house and he is completely passed out.  I wake him up and help him inside.  As soon as we get inside Brendon passes out on his couch. I don't want him waking up too confused in the morning so I wright a little note about how I drove him home and left.

The next day I try to find out who this Dallon is and why they aren't friends anymore.  I spend the whole day researching Dallon and his relationship with Brendon.  I find out that they used to be band mates and some people thought they were dating but they never came out as boyfriends.  Dallon left the band suddenly and it seems like Brendon and Dallon's friendship ended as well.  It's pretty late at night on Earth but I can see that Dallon is heading to an IHOP.  Time to go under cover.

I go down to Earth and get in character as a waiter.  A tall man who I recognize as Dallon walks in with another tall guy.  They get seated and I go over to take there order.  Dallon orders the most sugared up think he could get and his friend starts cracking up.  I do my best to keep a straight face.

As they eat I try to over hear there conversation and Dallon seems like a really nice and cool guy.  He's a bit childish every now and then but in a cool way.  I can tell why Brendon fell for this guy.  They stay for a while after finishing their food and just talk.  His friend Ryan leaves when Dallon gets a call.

I over hear that Dallon got a call from Brendon.  Sadly Dallon didn't seem excited to be talking to him.  I need to know what happened between them.

A/N
Let me know if you want more of Patrick side of the story or just stick to Brendon and Dallon's  story.