09|Peer Pressure

I believe I must have mentioned this in an earlier chapter, Love yourself. I decided to treat this aspect on its own, so here goes.

I'm a teenager currently and I think I can speak for almost, if not every teen on the planet by saying that at different points of time, we face peer pressure. You can't just avoid it. The truth is, teen or not, everybody goes through peer pressure, little kids and even grown ups.

Peer pressure is an influence on people by peers which can change your attitude.
A peer is basically a person who is about your age or your level like in the same class.

It is an everyday struggle.
I can't tell you to stop feeling pressured by your peers because that's very difficult but I can tell to try to see yourself differently in a good way when you feel pressured. Everybody might have a weakness or something bad about them but don't forget that everyone also has something good and special in them.

I personally believe there is a thin line between looking up to someone who inspires you and peer pressure. Peer pressure is an advancement of aspiring to be like a person about your age or your age.
It means you're crossing the boundary.
I hope that makes sense.

It's possible to hear about someone your age who does something you feel inspiring and then leads you to looking up to them. However this can be peer pressure when you want to be exactly like them in every way. Don't ever be the shadow of another person. How many shadows can a person really have?

It's nice to learn different things from different people because it helps a person to create a whole new individual with an added twist of you. It's like building a better person on the inside.

Think positively and compliment yourself instead of judging yourself every time you pass a mirror. The more confidence you have in yourself, the more confidence people will see in you so let your inner beauty shine and maybe even blind the world in the process (Just kidding)