12|Hard Times

Sometimes, I like to think that life is just like a person or more like a companion every person living and breathing is paired up with.
And like every other person, life has it's good and it's bad. Sometimes, life can be so nice and everything goes so well and other times it hits you in the face, puts you in the worst of situations and doesn't even care like a true companion should.

If life was a person, I wouldn't want to be friends with it but when I think about it again, life actually gives you some cool stuff and opportunities. Since life is such a weird companion and we all need it in order to exist, we have to learn to manage it like an annoying. person you're forced to work with.

Coping with difficult or hard times isn't very easy because every thing seems like a mess and you may not even get things right. Your ups become your downs and your rights become your lefts. Everything seems topsy-turvy and out of control.
Life coping is one of the most difficult skills to learn because managing tough situations require the toughest minds.

The ABSOLUTELY wrong ways to cope with hard times
#1 Numbing: People do this as a form of escape from reality by drinking excessively, taking drugs, engaging in physical fights, etc.  That's wrong. Drug abuse and is very illegal, excessive drinking is unhealthy and fighting is never going to help even though you feel like it would. Think about the long term effects like cancer, cell or body damage and so on.
# 2 Risk Taking: Which is like gambling, destroying things or driving recklessly.
#3 Self Harm: It will do no good damaging your skin to cope with stress. Instead, use your hands to do something else productive.
#4 Overeating: You're going to gain weight and then afterwards, you'll be stressed out thinking about ways to lose what you've gained.
#5 Overspending: Owning too many possessions can add stress to your life because now you're going to have to care for the many things you own. Also, spending more than you can afford will only backfire and cause more stress.
Doing any of these will only backfire and yield negative results.

The good ways to cope with hard times
#1 Relaxation: Breath. Go outside and have a walk. Rest. Listen to music. Watch a movie. Do something you enjoy doing.
#2 Problem Solving: Which to me is one of my my favorite methods. Try to find a solution to the problem and get help if you need to.
#3 Comedy: A good joke depending on the situation could help. Watching a comedy show or funny videos online could cheer you up.
#4 Spend time alone and cry if you need to: Crying is a very good way to release tension so don't hold back your tears when you need to.
#5 Treat yourself: Go out or treat yourself to something nice like a day at the spa or eating at a nice restaurant.
#6 Vent: Talk to a good friend or someone who is willing to listen. Venting is a very good way to clear your mind.
#7 Pray: If you follow a religion.
#8 Look at old pictures of people or places you've been to.
#9 Walk away: If you can leave a stressful situation, do so.