10|Huff and Puff

It's not easy out there. No matter what, something or someone is always gonna be out to get you. Successful or not, happy or sad.

According to The Gottman Institute, "anger can be compared to icebergs." Icebergs are large pieces of ice found floating in the open ocean. What you can see from the surface can be very misleading. Most of the iceberg is hidden below the water.
As complex as anger is, it works in a very simple way. When we're angry, there are hidden emotions below and that's why no one can really get angry for no particular reason.

I'm not going to tell you to stop getting angry about things that go happen in life and just keep putting a smile on your face or whatever. The fact is and will always remain, that's not possible because there are too many things you can be angry about. What I will tell you is to try to control it.

Everybody has a different way of expressing anger. Some people have angry outbursts, while some others use passive aggressive behaviors which is more like punishing others or expressing anger without saying much. We all know what works for us.

Controlling anger isn't very easy and it has always been a common challenge in the world. There are so many things going at the same time and these many things can stir up different emotions in us. Some times we feel happy about what we hear, see or experience and sometimes we feel very angry. Not your fault. It's part of human nature.

Learning anger management may not be very easy but it always yealds positive results. When we're mad, it feels like there's this boiling gas or steam in us ready to explode and we can do so many horrible things which we often regret. At that time, you really just don't care.

Before I go on, let's first understand the causes of anger. Sometime's it's stress, exhaustion, depression, loneliness, dissapointment, frustration, etc.

Everybody responds to challenging situations differently and this is why it's not always the best to judge people very quickly when they're upset instead, see their cause from different views. Maybe this doesn't make sense to you right now but as silly as it sounds, sometimes understanding may require you to be that angry person just to get their view. If you're talking to an angry person always ask why instead of pouring out sorry's and pity on them. Yes it's good to sorry but it's also great to try to find the solution. That way you're moving forward. If you keep saying sorry, the angry person is just gonna look for new things concerning the issue to make you sorry about and in the end, nothing changes. Helping an angry person find a solution is also a way to give motivation.

If you get angry easily, try to avoid anything that can trigger it like arguments or people who make you feel this way. Try to see the brighter side of bad events. I've been doing this recently and I have to recommend this. Sometimes when something happens or don't go my way I tell myself, there's possibly a reason. Maybe something bad could've happened if it went how I expected. Try to stay calm and fill yourself with happy things or people around you to cheer you up. Take a break and rest after doing work because stress causes anger. Find things that make you happy.

Remember, you can't really control the situation, but you can control how you react.