16|Don't be BASIC

Quit it!
Basic means ordinary, average, mainstream and worst of all...BORING!! It's like your life is in black and white, nothing extra. Don't confuse minimalism with being basic because those are two different things.

What makes a person basic?
-You always settle for less: Why say 50 when you can do 80? Why say 80 when you can do 100? Lemme explain. A basic person almost never steps outside his or her comfort zone. In clothes, food, choices and the list goes on. For instance, you date someone not really because you like them a lot but because you're scared there's gonna be no one else. Or...You buy a pair of shoes in a color you don't like at all just because it's trending. Don't settle for less. Get the full value of whatever you're signing up for because time is money.
-You're a very horrible conversationalist: Not everyone can be good at conversations but it doesn't mean you should be extremely bad. Instead of thinking about what you're going to say, take it from me, go random? You're talking to someone you just met right? What did you do before you started that conversation? It's a good way for the person to get to know you avoiding the whole what are your interests boring question that makes people feel like they're being interviewed. Maybe you just had 4 bowls of pasta and you feel like a huge ball about to roll. Say it! Or you're mad at your sibling. Say it! It gets the other person to start talking to. Maybe he or she would say "yeah my brother is super annoying" or something like that and tell you a funny story before you properly introduce yourself. You can also talk about a present situation or maybe compliment them (but do this in moderation coz you don't wanna smother them). Most people like silly and random. It's a good way to start an interesting convo. If you wanna make friends through a conversation, let them into your life a little bit using this method.
-You think everything else is annoying:Because you're so basic, you just think anything other thing above your style is over the top or extra. So if you meet anyone who isn't like you, you get bored and tired of their conversation.
-You always want to be in the shadows watching things happen: The word ACTION does not exist in your dictionary. You'll rather watch it happen than be in it. This doesn't mean you have to do something epic or crazy (but if you can, that's totally amazing). It just means stepping out of your comfort zone every once in a while and challenging yourself to do something different.
-You dislike change: You'll rather stick to your regular and normal pattern of life to avoid "complications" or "disruption." Life shouldn't be in a circle. There should be twists and turns. Don't be afraid to welcome change in your life, no matter how hard coz it might even make your old style better .But if you not, find a way to manage it.
-You tend to be narrow minded or negative: You think "you can't" it's "not possible" or can "never happen." This isn't being a realist, it's being negative. It also means being an underachiever since you can do so much more.
-You want to be a people pleaser: You're the one who says, "I just really don't wanna mess this up" or "I hope they don't hate me so much." You just wanna blend in and not get too noticed. You're willing to submit to something you don't even agree to just because you don't want anyone disliking you.  You don't have a strong opinion and you might even lack self esteem. You should always have your opinion on things even though people might not appreciate them. It just shows you have character which is very good.
-You might have been told you're boring or not very easy to talk to: That's it. Then sometimes you get ghosted.

Okay so I'm not bringing out the points to hurt anyone or make anymore feel bad at all. I'm simply just putting it the way it is. It doesn't really mean a basic person exhibits all the characteristics mentioned above. It might just be one or two things. The good thing is, you can always change it up. You just need the right tips and motivation.

So you've noticed you're basic or think you could switch things up a bit? Lessssgo!!

How to cure the "BASIC Syndrome".
-Do the opposite of all the points mentioned above.
-Make it a habit to visit new places and find out things that interest you: It helps you build up your conversation skills as you'll have more to say on different topics. Especially your favorite ones.
-Make an effort to look appealing: I'm not saying you should go all out and spend every penny in your bank account on clothes or cosmetics. The very simple stuff matter first. Personal hygiene is key. It's nice to sit close to someone with nice smelling hair and fresh breath. Wear clean and neat clothes. Take care of your skin with trusted skin products. Be polite and comport yourself in public. It's a good look on everyone.
-Listen and speak when you're talking to someone at the appropriate time: Don't say too much and don't say too little except it calls for you to.
-Don't be too predictable: You don't need people knowing what you're going to do next. Sometimes do something unexpected.
-Be original: Do your own thing and be your own person, discover what you like and make it yours.

You might just start getting a little more interesting.