18|Discover /your.self/

There are billions of personalities in this world. The Myers-Briggs Type indicator has tried to create a general grouping of 16 personalities. Each person can therefore take a test and discover their personality type. For those who are familiar with the groupings, we often find ourselves falling into more than one group. Proof that indeed there are billions of personalities some of which can't just be classified.

Without taking the test, try grouping yourself using the picture below.

*Source: 16 personalities*

Did you find yourself fitting into more than one category? I'm guessing you might have.

Discovering yourself involves finding and knowing yourself. It means realizing who you are and not what you want to be. Everyone has an ideal image of the person they want to become and try to work towards being that individual. In some cases, due to this, you might force yourself to quit some good things you like doing and picking up things you'll normally not be interested in just for an image.

But that's not entirely right. You should do things that scream you and create your image using bits and pieces of life. You shouldn't let your favorite celebrity for instance influence your taste completely. How many shadows can a person possibly have? Work towards being your own person and make it a habit to discover your taste everyday in various areas of life.

Having an image you wish to be like is good because it helps to give guidance. But this should not involve throwing good parts of yourself away. If you're having issues finding yourself and worry about it a lot, take it one step at a time. Do things people do everyday for a try and see if it has meaning to yourself and your values. Be flexible - do things for a change sometimes especially when it's not a bad thing. It helps a lot while being a step closer to unlocking a new part of yourself.

Author's Note
Thanks to all my readers. Vote, comment and chapter suggestions are always welcomed.