Stop Hogging Him

"Let me go!" I shout. 

My throat raw. 

"My lady, please, calm down!" 

The poor maids struggle holding me down while my son sleeps. After at least half an hour of this, my body gives. I plop back down in defeat. Damn giving birth making me so tired. The maids relax as much as they can with the fear of death itself bursting through the door. 

"At least give me my son." I pant. 

The eldest of the three women moving him to my arms. His sleeping form so peaceful. I carefully stroke my fingers over his soft little face. We stay like this for what feels like hours. My son lays against my chest. The maids take turns sleeping. I sit up quickly at the sound of footsteps. I hold my son close to my chest. Just as Sandor comes barreling through the door. His deep panting filling the room. The poor maids startled. They quickly rush out of the room passing by Sandor not saying a word. He softly kicks the door shut behind him. His footsteps are much softer but his pace just as fast. He rests on his knees next to me. At a closer glance, he's sweaty and dirty. Only a few candles and the fireplace light the darkroom. His linger on mine but inevitably wander down to our son. He softly pries him away from me with no objections on my end. A hand under his back and a hand on his head. Elias stretches and lets out a few baby grunts of disapproval of the cold air. I can see the change in Sandor's demeanor. The way his body relaxes and his breathing changes. If he wasn't such a hard man, I would have expected him to cry. He moves to hold him closer, but I place my hand on his wrist. I hand him the warm blanket the nurses had him in earlier. He loosely wraps it over his son and holds him against his chest. His hand finds mine. I squeeze his hand and he moves down to place a kiss to my lips. 

"I assume we won?" I prod. 

"Yes." Is all he manages to croak out. 

He moves to sit on the bed next to me. He seems to not have a care in the world at that moment. He doesn't care he had a son, that he just came from undoubtedly an intense battle, nothing. Elias starts to squirm and make a fuss. Sandor looks up at me with eyes full of worry and confusion. I reach out and take him. I sit up and move the blanket down. I push my gown off my shoulder. Elias struggles a bit at first, simply moving his head around with his mouth open but soon manages to latch on. The feeling is uncomfortable and a little painful. Sandow reaches out a hand and softly touches his son's hair. He moves up closer to us. He puts his hand behind my head and places his lips to my forehead. His lips slightly chapped from the cold air outside. 

"I'm sorry." 

I snap my head to look up at him. My face contorting into one of confusion. 

"What?" 

"I'm sorry I wasn't here." He's serious. 

I reach my hand out resting it against his face. 

"It's okay, they needed you out there." 

He closes his eyes. He's clearly exhausted from everything. He soon stands. 

"Let's go." He looks at me. "Can you walk?" He asks. 

"I don't know." I shrug. 

He moves the blanket off me and helps me to my feet. He steadies me as my hands are occupied by a feeding baby. Not risking it he lifts me up in his arms. Before I know it, we're back in our room lent to us. He lays me down on the bed. By this time Elias is done feeding. I roll on my side and Elias lays in my arms next to me. After some rustling, I feel the dip of the bed behind me. Sandor's warm hand smoothly moves up over my side. He grips the fabric as he scoots closer. My back pressed against him. He reaches his arm over me and rests his large hand over Elias's head. I close my eyes and all the exhaustion floods back to me.