It's Called Fun

Imagine: some of the Company's belongings falls and slips onto an iced over river. None of the dwarves could get it back without slipping on the ice, nor could Bilbo - Gandalf doesn't even try. Alex begins to ice skate in order to retrieve the items, surprising and intriguing the rest of the Company.

Alex's P.O.V

"Watch out!!" Fili yelled at the Company. We were attempting to make our way around a large snowy and freezing mountain; it was tricky and extremely slippery. As we were nearly at the end of the path around the mountain, the ground began to shake which caused the piled up snow above to come crashing down on top of us; we tried to run as fast as possible in order to avoid the snow. We were cold enough as it was, a ton of freezing snow wouldn't help with that. We were so close to the end of the path....so close....and we made it!! "Is everyone alright??" Thorin asked as Gandalf counted the heads he could see; we were all there and safe....though Gloin, Fili and Kili were covered in some snow as they were the last to escape the attacked path. I couldn't hold back my chuckle as I helped pat and wipe the snow off of Fili and Kili's shoulders and head when we suddenly heard Gloin exclaim how his small bag of food was missing, as well as Nori and Bilbo each stated how their weapons were missing - that wasn't good as we were already extremely limited with supplies. "Start looking for them" Thorin ordered to the group "we can't afford to lose either food or weapons right now" he wasn't wrong; we began to do as told, scanning the area as we all hoped and prayed that the missing items weren't buried underneath the snow that was had just escaped. Sighing, I climbed up and onto a fallen tree trunk so that I could get a better look at my surroundings in hopes I'll catch sight of what we were searching for; a sudden strong and forceful gush of wind attacked my body, making me to lose my footing and fall off of the tree with a yelp. As I hit the cold and snowy ground with a light thud, I felt myself roll down a hill with ease due to the snow and ice; I could hear people yelling my name, concern and worry staining each voice. Eventually, I came to a stop as the ground evened out "uhh" I groaned as I began to sit up and rub the arm that I had landed on; I heard rushing footsteps approaching me and was relieved to see that it was the Company hurrying down to where I had fallen, not a gang of orcs. "Are you okay Alex?!" Ori asked as he crouched down behind me and began to inspect my arm which I was cradling; I allowed him to do so as the other's gathered around, worried expressions painting their face "I'm fine, my arm is sore but I doubt there's anything more serious" I reassured as I began to shiver "though now I'm freezing cold". 

Seeming to support my first statement, Ori informed us all that my arm was okay - though it will probably bruise within the next few hours; Thorin held out his hand and helped pull me up to my feet - I instantly wrapped my arms around my body in an attempt to warm myself from the chilly temperature. "Although it wasn't great for Alex, her fall was beneficial" Balin spoke up, confusing us all - how the hell was me falling, rolling down a hill and overall becoming freezing cold helpful?! The old and wise dwarf pointed to where we had our backs facing "Gloin, Nori and Bilbo's belongings are just over there" he stated; we each spun around to see the missing items resting only twenty feet away from our location. Sighing out our relief, I realised the items must have fallen from their owners when we were racing to escape the falling snow; the two dwarves and the hobbit began to make their way over towards their belongings....before falling over?? "What the?!" Thorin and I raised a brow each whilst the others entered full blown laughing fits - I let out a small chuckle before asking if the three were okay "yeah...the floor is just extremely slippery" Bilbo explained as he, Gloin and Nori attempted to climb up to their feet, only to return to the ground. Gandalf looked to the floor that they were falling onto as realisation formed clearly onto his face "Kili, Fili, Bombur" he called out to the three dwarves "help them back up and over here" he told them; they did just that, careful to not fall or slip. "I hate to tell you this but your belongings have found themselves in the middle of a frozen river" the wizard informed us, earning many sighs as we all looked at what was in front of us - a very large, iced over river. No wonder they were slipping and falling onto their backsides. As I shivered in my damp clothes, I watched as each of the Company members - minus Gandalf who decided to smoke his pipe as we took a breath - attempted to retrieve the very needed items. Yet every single try ended with them each tripping, slipping and falling - I began to feel bad for them, especially when it came to our own leader ending up on his back. Sighing as I continued to freeze, I stood from where I had sat down on a large boulder and removed my bag from my back; I helped Thorin return to his feet and pulled him over to where the ground wasn't ice. "I guess it's your turn Hunter" Kili smirked, seeming amused as we had all now ended up on the floor; I fondly rolled my eyes with a small smile, still rubbing my arms in an attempt to warm my body up. I knew what I needed to do, though I hadn't done such a thing since.....for many years; it would be difficult as well due to not having ice skates on my feet. Taking a deep breath, I carefully set my feet onto the iced river before gently pushing my way further away from the group; I allowed what I had learnt all that time ago to flow though my mind which was shown through my body.