A Sharp Toothed Secret

Imagine: Alex has a secret and only Gandalf knows it. What happens when, whilst surrounded by far too many heavily armed orcs and blood thirsty wargs, the wizard reveals her well kept and most secure secret?? How will the Company react??

Gandalf's P.O.V

Our current situation could be....less life threatening. One minute, the company of Thorin Oakenshield and I were about to stop and set up camp for the night as the sun had recently set - we had been making our way through a thick forest, covering a lot of ground just as planned and had lost track of time. The next, however, we were forced to grab our belongings once more - we were grateful that none of us had begun unpacking - and began running as fast as our feet could carry us, soon being cornered by a pack of roughly twenty orcs and ten wargs. As the battle continued, the group was forced back to the edge of a steep cliff, fighting off the sworm of blood thirsty monsters who were far too eager to finish us all off. We were each trying our best to stay alive, but with every passing second, it was becoming even more difficult. "Any time you want to summon your eagle friends Gandalf, that would be greatly appriciated!!" Dwalin yelled as he stabbed one of the four orcs he was facing off against in the chest - they were all in familiar situations, trying to fend against a multiple of orcs and wargs at a time, other than Bilbo watched with fear as our human friend made sure to protect him. "If I could do such a thing, I would have already!!" I snapped back while beheading one of my three attackers, only for my eyes to catch a glimpse of Alex's brown thick leather bracelet which she never removed from her wrist. I knew why, of course, and could hardly blame her. For if she ever did, depending on if it was the night of a full moon, a side of herself - a securely hidden one - would be forced to come to light. Knowing this, however, didn't stop the sudden idea come to mind as I realised that we were all only a few minutes away from certain death. Unless....no!! I couldn't do that to Alex!! Not only would it destroy every ounce of trust she has in me, as well as most likely completely ruin our years old build up friendship, but there was also no telling how any of the dwarves and the hobbit would react to her greatly protected secret. Not to mention, if I did go through with the plan, it might backfire as it could force the woman to see her friend's as her attackers. But, on the other hand, if I didn't do something fast, we probably won't even have a future in order for her to be mad at me. And on top of that, with a less than a second check, it was a full moon tonight. Taking a moment to sigh out my already forming guilt while clenching my eyes shut, I quickly finished off the other two orcs in one strong spark of energy before turning towards the twenty five year old, gripping onto her thin forearm as she pulled back in order to strike her many apponents. Incredibly startled and highly confused by my sudden distracting action, Alex glanced over as she called out my name as the silent question "what are you doing??" which caught the attention of those closest to us, each of them raising a brow while continuing to fight our enermies. They were most likely wondered why I was halting our human friend from fighting, especially in our current situation; I could hardly blame them. I was thankful, how ever, as Kili and Fili both hurried to stepped in front of their human friend and took on the orcs that Alex had been handling, protecting their newest friend the best they could.

Alex's P.O.V

What the hell was Gandalf doing?! Surely he could see that I was rather busy at the moment, doing my part in stopping the orcs and wargs from beating us. Right now really wasn't the time to pull me aside!! As the ridiculous wizard, for god knows what reason, took my weapon from my hand, I glanced over to the four attackers that I had been fighting against, worry striking me before a sense of relief took over upon seeing Kili and Fili stepping in front of me and taking on my share of the battle; I was seconds away from briefly thanking the two brother's before demanding my old friend to return my sword, only to feel him all but rip my precious bracelet from my wrist!! As my eyes widened in horror, I nearly gave myself whiplash from turning my neck in order to stare at the wizard; I watched with a mixture of hurt, betrayal, fear and shock as he stepped back, a guilty expression staining his own face. "What have you done??" I breathlessly spoke, tears beginning to form as I felt the change begin to change, the pain kicking in as my heart raced and my beathing rapidly increased while tears began to form "wha have you done?!" I screamed in anger as I attempted to reach out and grab the special item of jewellry. How could he?! How could Gandalf, the only living soul who knew the importance of that brown leather bracelet, take it from me?! How could he betray me in such a terrible way?? My hurt filled scream had caught the attention of the entire company, pausing their movements as they watched with great concern and confuse filled gazes; the remaining orcs and their pets - we had yet to put even one of those damn things down - had even stopped their attack, watching causiously as they had no idea what was happening. Unable to successfull retrieve my bracelet from Gandalf as he kept it and himself out of my reach, the pain merely increased as I could feel my bones start crack and change; I yelled out in pure agony as the tears fell down my face while I stumbled back untilI was unable to hold myself up. Quickly finding myself on my hands and knees as the change contunued, somewhere only a few feet away, I could hear a familair speaking my name, asking rather panicked "what's going on?!" but I couldn't find it in me at that moment to care or identify who.I had must bigger issues to face. I could feel my normally deep blue eyes turn as dark as the night sky as matching black veins left them, continuing to spread all over my face, trailing down my neck and covering my body while fur began to force its way through my skin, doing the exact same. It felt as if my body was on fire as I, in a desperate attempt to put the stop to the pain, scratched at my face, neck and chest. And to my horror, the far too familiar fading feeling began to take as the monster within me took over. The monster that I had always made sure to keep locked away in a cage deep within myself that had only one accessable key - my bracelet.