Such a Strange Thing is Jealousy

Imagine: Dwalin has fallen in love with Alex during the course of their quest, but refuses to acknowledge them. Due to this, he unintentionally gives her the cold shoulder which makes the human believe he hates her. During an evening in a pub, however, Alex catches the unwanted attention of many, including a drunken idiot who tried chatting her up and even attempts to kiss her! Dwalin feels his blood boil with rage. Too bad his friends find it hilarious!

Third P.O.V

"Thank you very much" the young woman smiled at the kind tavern owner as he handed over four sets of keys. After travelling for the entire tiring day, Thorin had thankfully announced that they would be stopping at nearby town where they could rest and relax for the night. As soon as they had reached the lovely little town, they sought out the local tavern where Alex inquired about getting them some rooms to stay in while the others happily sat down and relaxed; she was pleased to have come to a fair price with the landlord for four of his rooms, bidding him a good evening before returning to her friends. "Each room had two beds and bedrolls for those who have to sleep on the floor" the twenty five year old explained as they made their way up the many stairs. Kili and Fili immediately called out their agreement to share, earning a multiple of chuckles as their uncle shook his head at the pair. "You two will be sharing with Bifur and Bofur" he stated, partnering up all of those whom were related to share a room "Bombur, Bilbo, Balin and I will have the third room" he decided, hiding his smirk as he turned to the two whose names he hadn't called out "and Alex and Dwalin will share the last room" he declared. All Dwalin could do in that moment was sent a strong and powerful glare towards his leader, wordlessly threatening him with ever intention of wiping his grin from his face. Unbeknown to her, Alex merely smiled with a simple nod as she handed out the keys to those who needed them, holding onto one for herself and her new room mate. "Get settled in, then we'll meet next door" Balin smiled as a series of cheers could be heard from his company, overjoyed that they could spend the evening indulging in the luxuries the pub had to offer! Hurling her bag over her shoulder, Alex led the way up the stairs and pointed out each room that they had paid for until she and the last remaining dwarf reached the room at the very highest point of the building. 

"It's small, but it should do nicely" the twenty five year old smiled as she threw open the door and walked in with a desperate need for the toilet, dropping her bag on the bed as she rushed passed and closed the door for some privacy. While she was preoccupied, however, Dwalin took that moment to himself to calm his racing mind and heart; he had never actually been completely alone with the human since they first meeting and had avoided such a predicament the best he could. Such a fact was well known to his brother-in-arms who he loved, but by god, he could kill him right now! In attempt to distract himself, Dwalin took in his surroundings, noting any and all possible entry and exit points. Old habits die hard, he supposed. That was before his attention was drawn towards the beds, or rather, the bed. A single bed, only just larger than a single. The dwarves eyes widened as he did a double take, checked around the room for another bed that he may have somehow missed. But alas, he had not. "That was a close call" Alex chuckled as she returned from the toilet, raising a brow as she noticed the still and silent dwarf standing in the middle of the room "everything okay?" she asked. It was then that the young woman also noticed their present predicament "ah...I'll grab a bedroll and take the floor" she decided with a simple shrug. Snapping out of his trance, Dwalin shook his head as he turned, watching as the human rummaged through the wardrobe in the corner and pulled out a neatly wrapped up bedroll and a blanket "you can have the bed" he offered, dropping his own belongings as he hurried to help. "It's alright, I don't mind taking the floor" Alex assured, but she soon found the bedroll being taken from her hands and was suddenly face to face with dwarf made of pure muscle. "You take the bed" Dwalin stated, his voice an even mix of gentle and firm; Alex simply nodded, holding up her hands in surrender before a beautiful and thankful smile graced her lips "thank you" she mused, yet her voice was honest and meaningful.