Wrong Room

Imagine: the battle of the five armies is over and all is well. Erebor has been rebuilt and Alex had stayed to help. It was late and she walks into Thorin's room - thinking it was her own. Alex only realises it was actually the King's bedroom when she lies down on the bed and comes face to face with a sleepy Thorin.

Alex's P.O.V

God, I'm exhausted!! It's been such a long day. Let me explain. Since the battle of the five armies was announced to be over, the rebuilding of Erebor began. Due to this, many meeting were held with neighbouring kingdoms, including with the Elves of Mirkwood and Rivendell; that was one of the things that Thorin had decided to put me incharge of!! He had declared, at his corination, that I was the royal nagotiator which was another word for 'peace keeper'. Let's be real, he only decided this as I was the only one who had no sort of fued with them; he himself didn't want to deal with the elves and it was no secret that I happily got along with them. Lord Elrond and King Thranduil especially seemed to like me, even Legolas seemed to enjoy our conversations. But as I was the royal nagotiator, that also meant that I had to do the same with other kingdoms and races. So today I had attended a multiple of meetings with the royals and lords of Mirkwood, Rivendell, Rohan and Gondor, as well as a few other dwarf kingdoms and with Bard who had been crowned king of course, to arrange each separate peace treaties and to set up a trades deal. It took many meets and would take a lot more, but they all appeared to be heading in the right direction. Along with the meetings, I had travelled to Dale in order to check on how they were with their own rebuilding; I joined the Company for lunch afterwards before resuming my work and contribution to help rebuild Erebor - I ended up finding myself in royal library with Ori and Bifur as we dusted and organised the thousands of books that had been stored and somehow unharmed - though a couple hundreds were. After the six hours long task, the three of us finally finished and hurried to join the others, as well as the lords and kings, for dinner in the grand hall; two hours into our joyful, talkative and eventful meal, however, I was alarted by Lord Elrond, the Lord of Iron Hill and King Earnur (Gondor) that they needed to return to their homes by lunch time the next day. As soon as I heard this, I hurried to excused myself after asking Thorin if I could use his study to write up the three peace treaties; he nodded of course, though asked me to take some food with me as I hadn't eaten all that much. The joys of sitting next to the dwarf king at our meals. Add another three hours to my day and I had three completely written out peace treaties, ready to be sighed the next day; I checked the large clock that was in the corner to discover that it was around eleven at night!! I expected it to be late at night as the sun had long since left the sky, replaced by a full moon which lit up the dark night sky.

So yes. After such a day as this, I was exhausted and I could practically hear my bed calling for me. Or maybe it was the other way round?? Either way, I placed the peace treaties into a file and left them on Thorin's desk before blowing out the five candles I had lit; I locked the door to the king's study and began to make my way towards my room through the maze of hallways. It wouldn't surprise me if I became lost....again. But tonight, however, I managed to find my way through the mountain in my tired haze and reach the door to my bed chambers; I pushed the door open and shut it once I had stepped in. The room was nearly pitch black, the faded light from the full moon gleamed in through the windows; I didn't bother to light a candle or lamp and just made a B-line for my large bed. I removed my boots and trousers, unlaced my corset and nearly ripped it off with a sigh of relief as I left myself in my short blue dress; I let my hair down from the ponytail and braids, running my fingers through my long locks so that it was knot free before finally, I climbed into bed, sliding under the covers as it was a rather chilly night. Now lay down, my head on the pillow and my body covered with the soft fur blanket; I was happily beginning to fall asleep...until I turned over and suddenly came face to face with a confused and rather amused Thorin!! With wide eyes, I suddenly found myself very much awake and pushing away from Thorin to allow us both some space "wha!? Thorin?!" my voice showed the more than clear shock "what the hell are you doing in my room?! Or better yet, in my bed?!" I asked; the king chuckled as he pushed myself up so that he was resting on his elbows "how tired are you exactly??" he asked with a grin. I rose a brow in confusion but answered him truthfully, stating I was extremely exhausted "but what does that have to do with you being in my bed??" I asked earning yet another chuckle as the dwarf rubbed his eyes, ridding them of their tiredness "because, my dear human friend, this is actually my bed and you are in my chambers" he informed. Wait....what?! Now that my eyes had adjusted to the darkness, I glanced around the room to realised....this really wasn't my.....oh god.