23

WARNING: Sad shit ahead! 

Enjoy reading!

<3

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I stared at the memorial stone of Hiruzen, having been dispatched from the hospital.

I missed the funeral. Apparently I went into a state of shock and panicked. They had to restrain me. 

I don't remember what happened and I don't want to. 

Some things are better left unsaid. Naruto was mourning as well but with the entire team fussing over him, he was getting better.

Naruto and the Hokage had grown distant anyways so it wasn't as devastating. 

Konohamaru and Asuma took it surprisingly well, vowing to become stronger. They cried but were better now. I'm pretty sure they are still depressed.

As for me? 

I'm not sure how I was. In the span of a year I lost three people. Hell it wasn't even a year.

I arrived in Konoha in the month of February. After a month of schooling our batch graduated and we became genin. Two months later we got the Zabuza arc. It was May then. The Chunin Exams got over in the last week of September. 

Now it was 1st October. Naruto's birthday was coming up and so was mine. My birthday was on the 12th.

Basically, in the span of 8 months I lost important people. 

I hadn't even gotten over mourning my own parents death when Sakura's parents and Hiruzen died.

It was killing me. 

When I look at myself in a mirror, I see a girl with dark circles and a pale face staring back. I hadn't been eating well and I had nightmares every time I slept. 

It was getting worse and I couldn't even sleep no matter how tired I was.

My body had grown painfully thin and I avoided everyone like the plague. I kept a silencing seal and lock on my door so that Sakura and Naruto couldn't trouble me.

I laid the white flowers on his grave. 

Why did he die?

That was one question repeating in my head for ages now. Asking around I heard its due to his old age and stress of the attack. 

I didn't believe it. He was planning to retire and nothing major was coming up anyways.

As a result, I snooped around.

"It was so sudden." The nurse said tearfully as she told Ibiki what happened. 

"I entered his room and he was dead. His mouth was wide open a- and we took a test. It showed nothing out of the ordinary."

Ibiki observed her. "Its not wise to lie to me."

She stammered. "I-I found some drug in his blood stream but I couldn't identify what it was. It was nothing I'd seen before. I took the test after another hour and noticed that the drug wasn't there. It was as if it vanished. I mean its not as if Hokage sama would be poisoned, right? So I didn't tell anyone.. Tell me its not true Morino san."

Her wide blue eyes showed fear and Ibiki slightly softened.

"No one would poison the Hokage. It might've been an error." He lied.

"Yes, yes that's exactly what I thought." She slightly calmed down.

"Can you show me the autopsy report? I still need it."